Petra 40th Annviersary Legacy Bundle

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Petra 40th Annviersary Legacy Bundle

Post by executioner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:00 am

mkepethead wrote:
executioner wrote:
pmal wrote:I never got the deal I ordered but I was able to get a refund after I got some help from mkepethead and scoured the internet. Let's just say I was extremely disappointed that this group had any ties to the band. In trying to be as nice as possible, and as Forrest Gump would say, "that's all I have to say about that".
BTW this organization was handpicked and brought in by Greg Volz and the first management team for Classic Petra.

I was told it was Bob who picked them. He didn't want Greg's or anyone else's input.
This organization came aboard when Classic Petra was formed Bob left everything up to Greg and I guess Bob just kept this company on when the current Petra started reforming. Let me make it clear if it had anything to do with Classic Petra it was totally & completely done by Greg, Michael, & Yvonne; Bob just stood in the corner played guitar and wrote one song "Too Big" which most believe was written many years before but was never recorded or even completely done on any album until BTTR.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

stateofminduk
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Washes Whiter Than
Pethead since: 1982

Post by stateofminduk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:12 am

I too have been waiting for one of these bundles since last August, along with another Petra item from dPulse.

Following many emails between myself & Dean Capone and a few involving a member of the band...and lots of apologies and promises from Dean that he would sort it out, plus give me a refund as compensation, (which didn't materialize), I got the following email from a member of Petra last weekend:

" Sorry to inform you, but I have looked into this and you will probably never receive your order. We discovered that Dean Capone placed an order for shirts (without our knowledge) but never picked them up or paid for them. He has taken your money. He has since sold his company. We are sorry this has happened to you and others. Needless to say, he is no longer representing Petra."

That, unfortunately, appears to be that!

No goods, no refund!

Another p'oed customer! :evil:
0 x

mkepethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1985

Post by mkepethead » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Sounds like the band (whoever picked them) got scammed too.
0 x
Petra Means Rock!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:54 pm

This my friends is why Petra needs to quit wasting time with people that want to do business with them and think of Petra as a money cow. They think Petra should be huge and cannot understand why they are not still. It is EXACTLY that type of a person that has something up his/her sleeve and/or is completely uneducated about the state of things.

Petra needs to be doing business with established, legit organizations. I bet if you traced the roots of these characters, the Word of Faith nut job theology would be found. That crap doesn't work in church. It sure as heck does not work in the world of economics, supply and demand, or a court of law.

Man, I was just listening to some secular music today wishing the producer and engineers could do a massive sounding Petra record. Petra has yet to have a record sonically on par with the world's music. Wake Up Call was the closest. They have never really been assisted (for long) by labels. They have been bastardized. It's a shame.
0 x

GS.
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll and Hyde
Pethead since: 2004

Post by GS. » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:09 am

Following up on what Brent said they should forget about record lables who seem to not think of Petra as economical to do a alobum for and do a kickstarter campaign like John did and make a downright rockin album that beats Jekyll and Hyde.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:27 pm

stateofminduk wrote:I too have been waiting for one of these bundles since last August, along with another Petra item from dPulse.

Following many emails between myself & Dean Capone and a few involving a member of the band...and lots of apologies and promises from Dean that he would sort it out, plus give me a refund as compensation, (which didn't materialize), I got the following email from a member of Petra last weekend:

" Sorry to inform you, but I have looked into this and you will probably never receive your order. We discovered that Dean Capone placed an order for shirts (without our knowledge) but never picked them up or paid for them. He has taken your money. He has since sold his company. We are sorry this has happened to you and others. Needless to say, he is no longer representing Petra."

That, unfortunately, appears to be that!

No goods, no refund!

Another p'oed customer! :evil:

Not a surprise! This guy was brought in by the Classic Petra member that organized the whole Classic Petra gig, so like I said I'm not surprised at all about this. It's about the company you keep and It's all about who you know.
0 x

Carolina Petra Fan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1993

Post by Carolina Petra Fan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:34 pm

GS. wrote:Following up on what Brent said they should forget about record lables who seem to not think of Petra as economical to do a alobum for and do a kickstarter campaign like John did and make a downright rockin album that beats Jekyll and Hyde.
I agree.
0 x
Carolina Petra Fan

Carolina Petra Fan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call

Post by Carolina Petra Fan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:36 pm

brent wrote:This my friends is why Petra needs to quit wasting time with people that want to do business with them and think of Petra as a money cow. They think Petra should be huge and cannot understand why they are not still. It is EXACTLY that type of a person that has something up his/her sleeve and/or is completely uneducated about the state of things.

Petra needs to be doing business with established, legit organizations. I bet if you traced the roots of these characters, the Word of Faith nut job theology would be found. That crap doesn't work in church. It sure as heck does not work in the world of economics, supply and demand, or a court of law.

Man, I was just listening to some secular music today wishing the producer and engineers could do a massive sounding Petra record. Petra has yet to have a record sonically on par with the world's music. Wake Up Call was the closest. They have never really been assisted (for long) by labels. They have been bastardized. It's a shame.
I agree. Wake-Up call is a good sounding record.
0 x
Carolina Petra Fan

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:28 pm

So this Legacy Bundle is all Greg's fault? Even though he has nothing to do with the new Petra getting back together? Sounds like you are laying all the blame at Greg's feet.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:36 pm

shawnpfan2010 wrote:So this Legacy Bundle is all Greg's fault? Even though he has nothing to do with the new Petra getting back together? Sounds like you are laying all the blame at Greg's feet.
No its not all his fault, but he is the one who brought this guy and management team into the fold with Classic Petra and continues still to be entwined with them(solo career) even after what happened. I'm sure Greg did not intend for these folks to take advantage of Petra in any way, but sticking with them even after what has happened speaks a lot. I'm sure Bob dealt with it as soon as he realized that they were not valid.
0 x

musicwithharry
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1983

Post by musicwithharry » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Should we maybe send messages to Bob and let him know about how his customer base and loyal fans feel? With business dealings like I've read this far about this bundle, I am going to wait until it all sorts out.

I would think that it sounds like a repackaging of most of what I already have anyway except for maybe a couple of unreleased tracks?

Whiteheart had this problem with unauthorized band releases. Billy Smiley talked about it in length once on their website.

The only collections I have from Petra are the War & Rememberance, Rock Block and Petrafied. I have most of their studio releases though. maybe we should be a little skeptical right now?

Grace,
Harry
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:45 pm

I hate to say I told you so, but ALWAYS buy CDs DIRECT from the band's store, John's store, Bob's store, etc. That is the only way they are going to get what you want and support the artist directly. Any other way will have other people with their hands in Bob's and John's pockets.
0 x

musicwithharry
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1983

Post by musicwithharry » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:05 pm

brent wrote:I hate to say I told you so, but ALWAYS buy CDs DIRECT from the band's store, John's store, Bob's store, etc. That is the only way they are going to get what you want and support the artist directly. Any other way will have other people with their hands in Bob's and John's pockets.

Yep :)

Not only that, it can also raise the price of the CD itself if bought from an outside source. Especially in today's world where anyone can release what they want from their own studios.

Grace,
Harry
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Here is a kicker. PDC guitarist Marco Sfogli has multiple solo albums. Recently, Marcos latest album showed up on iTunes IN SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME. There is no way to pull it down. There is no iTunes customer service to speak of. People can do whatever and there is very little a copyright owner can do about it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:31 am

Just to clarify, there wasn't a 'management team' or 'company'.... dpulse and Ovrtone was pretty much Dean Capone; he basically took the reins and came on board when Bob decided to re-group Petra in 2013.

MusicwithHarry: This CD is a legitimate CD authorized by Bob; Dean did not 'steal' the music or duplicate the CDs.
http://www.newreleasetuesday.com/albumd ... m_id=12964

The CDs are/were for sale, and still available. Here's one place: http://www.petrastore.net/petra-40th-an ... ry-cd.html
The white legacy tshirts were being sold at the MN show last Fall. They existed as well; I saw them myself.

What happened with the Bundle? Good question. It was advertised by Dean on Petra's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Petraband/post ... 2388548577 but it was linked to http://dpulse.wazala.com, which I always thought was rather odd, but then again... who knows what deal was worked out - or not worked out.

So naturally people would think and believe that this was a legitimate thing, which it WAS, at least at some point... I do believe SOME people did get their product (or there would have been many, many more complaints).

At this point, sad to day, Harry, there's really nothing to sort out... you won't be receiving anything; no bundle, no refund.
0 x