Poll: No Doubt (1995)

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.

What's your favorite song from No Doubt (1995)

Enter In
31%
Think Twice
4%
Heart of a Hero
4%
More Than a Thousand Words
No votes
No Doubt
27%
Right Place
12%
Two Are Better Than One
No votes
Sincerely Yours
4%
Think on These Things
19%
For All You're Worth
No votes

Total votes: 26

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Re: Poll: No Doubt (1995)

Post by sickasadog » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:53 pm

p-freak wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
p-freak wrote:I'm colour blind and because of that the 3D doesn't work for me.

But you have to admit, the rest of the artwork is corny mid-90s. This is the kind of stuff you're ashamed of ten years later.

The music, though, is very good. When I first heard No Doubt I thought there were too many ballads, same as with God Fixation. Content-wise I can see why John would be so proud of the album, but it just doesn't have that rock edge.
Is colorblindness why I couldn't see it? What was the 3D art depicting?
I think it just says PETRA, but I've never read it with my own eyes.
It's the word DOUBT in a circle and crossed out--kind of like a No Smoking sign. I don't think that colourblindness affects these kind of illusions since it is just altering your focal distance that produces the image, not a combination of colours.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 am

The problem with the 3d is that they're mostly colours in the green spectrum. If you are colour blind it is very hard to see subtle differences and contrasts between colours of the same spectrum. If you don't see the difference in colours then you are not able to shift your focal point because it will still all look kind of greenish without too much distinction between the different colours.
0 x

sickasadog
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1984

Post by sickasadog » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm

p-freak wrote:The problem with the 3d is that they're mostly colours in the green spectrum. If you are colour blind it is very hard to see subtle differences and contrasts between colours of the same spectrum. If you don't see the difference in colours then you are not able to shift your focal point because it will still all look kind of greenish without too much distinction between the different colours.
True that.
0 x

cvs2kids
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All Fired Up
Pethead since: 1983

Post by cvs2kids » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:30 am

executioner wrote: How can an artist put out a great album(WUC) two years prior and then come out with something like this? IMO this was not the beginning of the downfall of Petra this was jumping off a cliff thinking that they needed a new fan base Petra; this was the time that a lot of fans from the 80's said I'm done and out. I do not even acknowledge this album in Petra's Discography.
I actually liked this album better than WUC. I found it had a better sound mix and overall, preferred the total album as compared to 2-3 songs on WUC.

Not sure what you mean about the drums. I'll need to go back and pay more attention to that aspect.
0 x
Well done my good and faithful servant, you may enter with me into paradise.

Ron
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1982

Post by Ron » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:27 am

What's going on here? This album was probably the worst of the Schlitt era for me, a huge disappointment. But at the same time, the BEST song from the Schlitt era for me comes from the same CD! "No Doubt" is my all time favorite ballad sung by John. That's a tall order I know - but if I wanted John to sing just one song - "No Doubt" would be it.
0 x