Petra Dream Team Reunion visual approach

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: Petra Dream Team Reunion visual approach

Post by executioner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Daniel wrote:So as far CP goes, I'm guessing Louie had something to do with the breakup? Greg and Louie are still tight though.
Not all but a significant part and plus John Larry not wanting to tour had some implications.

I will PM you sometime in next day or so.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Daniel wrote:Yeah just a joke Shawn. If all is forgiven they could do a one night show. I'll pay $200 a ticket to see it... Anyone else?

I wasn't quoting you I was quoting Executioner. Sorry for the confusion.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:55 pm

I had direct communication with the Nachtigals, Dean Capone, Bob Hartman and John Lawry and I assure you Louie had nothing to do with Classic Petra failing. It was due to other internal conflicts between other members that were entrusted to me, and I have no right discussing here. The comments about Louie were not necessary.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:36 pm

entrusted to you? who are you again in relation to the band?
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:21 pm

I am someone that has had the blessing of being able to develop a friendship with said people, so much so that details about the situation were discussed with me in various occasions during the 2 years that Classic Petra was together. Don't ask me why they discussed this with me. We just became friends. I have the emails to prove it, but because of loyalty i will not divulge the information. I will not betray their trust in me.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:34 pm

OK... because I had someone (used to post on the zone several years ago) emailing me all this gossip on CP (I never asked for it either) they had all the inside stuff that you're referring to, and I believe this person emailed others on this forum the same nonsense ... you must know who I am talking about right?
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:34 am

Hah, everyone has their sources and everybody's close to someone who's close to the band and everyone seems to know something that is not supposed to be public knowledge or whatever. And everybody's envious and distrustful about the inside knowledge that everybody else seems to have. Boy, am I glad I don't have these kinds of personal connections with whoever knows something.

Guys, this is getting ridiculous. We know for a fact Classic Petra is done. We know for a fact that Farewell Petra w/ Cristian is ready, willing and able to play shows. We know for a fact that the dream team (whose dream was that anyway?) is not coming back together. I know for a fact that I would like the current lineup to record another killer album and I haven't given up hope.

I don't give a rat's a** about all your speculations and good connections to anyone who supposedly is close to or even in the band. Just enjoy the albums you have and stop whining/boasting/looking for inside scoops. Please, can we grow up together?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:50 am

In the past, I have made the argument against the whole, "If it's God's will, Classic Petra will get back together." Well, God has sovereignty and man has free will. There is the command to praise God and make a joyful noise. That is where God's sovereignty ends. How you do it, how skilled you choose to be, what instruments you use, who you choose to do it with is where free will begins.

Bands are like group marriages. Songs are like children. Once a band has changed members, things change. You can't do the wife swap thing for long. It is only a matter of time before people get back to doing the things that annoyed the others. The white elephants in the room begin stepping on toes.

I told people here to not force it, but to let it happen. I encouraged some people involved that there would be a demand for it. There WAS a demand for it. You can only watch Back To The Future so many times and we don't want another sequel.

You can't blame Louie for CP's failure. Yes, there are stories are out there about promoters having issues with Greg and Louie being hard to deal with. We don't know the back story. I have been on site when Petra's tech rider has not been met and/or the band has not been paid (and wasn't going to get paid), and there was some drama. I have more bad stories about promoters, especially Christian ones (the worst at paying!!!). Sue can't yell "Amen" publicly because she still has to deal with them. All I can say is, "Hey, drummers and lead singers are the hardest to deal with anyway. Give them some control and you are poking a tiger with a stick. Bwuhahahaha"

CP was Greg's baby to start with. He made it happen. He and Louie are tight. You can't blame anyone, including God, for what happened IMO. Why? Because this is what happens in bands because of personalities. It is not unbiblical for people with differing views and personalities to still be Christians but not work together. Consider the Apostle Paul. Some bands like Motley have members who hate each other and NOBODY gets along or talks off stage. They all come together to play and get a paycheck. I would rather CP quit than live a lie on stage. That's like church! I hate that! While people are upset that CP is done, I am not. It did what it did and I am grateful I got to see it happen again. But, I knew it would not last. It was a shame it was oversold and expectations were raised about future music and touring. This IS the fault of Greg and management. Greg did sell CP as being a God thing. I don't like when people use God as the reason for themselves making a phone call. It makes God look stupid it everything falls apart. It makes them all look like disobedient failures, unable to carry out a command from God. Just look at it as old band mates reuniting to sing Christian rock music. Don't look at it as God's band, called by God, organized by God, with music divinely inspired by God, funded by God. You will mess yourself up and quit thinking highly of God.

If some of you wouldn't worship these guys and put so much emphasis on Petra being some divine incarnation, all of this human interaction and perceived toe-stubbing would be a whole lot easier to understand and relate to.
Last edited by brent on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:37 am

P-freak and Brent sum it up pretty well. :mrgreen: Maybe we should just leave it alone now and enjoy what they've done or may do. I will say Arturo is right not to share who he got his information from on a message board, and even people who have worked with them have different opinions.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:57 am

Oh, i said who I got the information from. Band members and both Management teams, not from disgruntled promoters. But its ok. As long as we agree that Louie is not an evil person and he has the same quirkiness as any other Petra member for that matter, i am ok. I think Exe's comments carry a lot of angst and disdain for someone who has given his life a ministry like Louie did, with the virtues and defects that all members had. Louie does not deserve this treatment.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am

None of these guys are evil. They're people like anyone else and being on the road a lot and dealing with the music biz would be a challenge for anyone. I was referring to the post where you were talking about the person you became friends with, not the promoters or band members. You can find just about anything on the Internet, and some of this stuff has been floating around for years. :P
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 am

fcollazo wrote:Oh, i said who I got the information from. Band members and both Management teams, not from disgruntled promoters. But its ok. As long as we agree that Louie is not an evil person and he has the same quirkiness as any other Petra member for that matter, i am ok. I think Exe's comments carry a lot of angst and disdain for someone who has given his life a ministry like Louie did, with the virtues and defects that all members had. Louie does not deserve this treatment.
Actually both management teams are former disgruntled employees of the band, both promoters I know have a strong relationship with members of the group and have done since the 80's a ton of work with the band and will both jump at the chance to work again with the band if the market is there. I would be shocked if you got any info like this from Bob because he is known for keeping internal band issues quiet and will take the high road.
everyone involved from band members to management had a hand in the demsis of CP, but for the most part it falls like Brent said on Greg's shoulders. Louie has done a great job with all the years spent with the ministry, but in a band personalities have to coexsist and these personalities could no longer do that.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:48 pm

I don't think there are any Petheads that don't love Louie, the guy has charisma... that was the main reason CP and the Dream team were big in their time was because every single member had charisma. Petra doesn't have that now with the current lineup. CP was extremely successful, because all those awesome personalities were brought back together. That is the reason there has been push from fans to get the dream team up for a concert, because it would be a magical show.

As far as all the gossip goes, I think it is amazing that people will go to great lengths to say they they are know the band and have had them divulge information that clearly is a load of rubbish, even more surprising they are not even in the States. I feel sad for the what was CP management because one fan was even calling them so much wanting answers/gossip that they had to change their cell number.
0 x