Petra Dream Team Reunion visual approach

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Petra Dream Team Reunion visual approach

Post by Dan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:30 pm

I created a visual on the Dream Team status.
Attachments
Petra-Dream-Team.png
Petra-Dream-Team.png (867.34 KiB) Viewed 5351 times
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Re: Petra Dream Team Reunion visual approach

Post by pmal » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:46 pm

No Message
Attachments
petra-bob-whatwtext.jpg
petra-bob-whatwtext.jpg (45.47 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:44 pm

Daniel wrote:I created a visual on the Dream Team status.

From the knowledge I have you would have more of a chance in seeing John S over John L and Ronny Cates at this point and time. The only way John L would be involved if it included the no touring aspect; I'm sure he would do some shows around the Nashville area but that would be it. I know Ronny would love to do something but it would not be perm; he has made it known in the last couple of years via his facebook page that Greg Bailey is Petra's current bass player and he wouldn't have any desire to be involved full time with Petra. I could see John S being involved but it would have to be without Louie, and most likely would need to include Greg Bailey in some way; John is very committed to Greg Bailey and frankly I don't blame him. It would be a total miracle to see John S & Louie back on the stage together again, but it won't happen I know Bob would step in and say no way; lets just say if it so happened Classic Petra would be revived(fat chance) Louie would not have any part of it; because CP finally all realized what John S did in firing Louie was the right decision.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

shawnpfan2010
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan2010 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:20 am

executioner wrote:

From the knowledge I have you would have more of a chance in seeing John S over John L and Ronny Cates at this point and time. The only way John L would be involved if it included the no touring aspect; I'm sure he would do some shows around the Nashville area but that would be it. I know Ronny would love to do something but it would not be perm; he has made it known in the last couple of years via his facebook page that Greg Bailey is Petra's current bass player and he wouldn't have any desire to be involved full time with Petra. I could see John S being involved but it would have to be without Louie, and most likely would need to include Greg Bailey in some way; John is very committed to Greg Bailey and frankly I don't blame him. It would be a total miracle to see John S & Louie back on the stage together again, but it won't happen I know Bob would step in and say no way; lets just say if it so happened Classic Petra would be revived(fat chance) Louie would not have any part of it; because CP finally all realized what John S did in firing Louie was the right decision.

Where do you pull this info out of??? :shock:
0 x

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:11 am

It would be a total miracle to see John S & Louie back on the stage together again, but it won't happen I know Bob would step in and say no way; lets just say if it so happened Classic Petra would be revived(fat chance) Louie would not have any part of it; because CP finally all realized what John S did in firing Louie was the right decision.
Ironic?
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by Shell » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Guys, Sue did say in another thread that John and Louie have had contact and forgiven each other (which I think is pretty awesome). And forgiveness does not equal or require people hanging out with each other or working together. They seem to have come to terms with it. Maybe we should just let that go now...

I love the Dream Team too, but as has been pointed out bands do change over time for any number of reasons. I think this was originally meant to post some cool pictures (love the Petra Praise picture) and maybe indicate a preference if they should happen to put together a tour. Let's not read more into it than what was probably intended.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:15 pm

There is not enough demand for any version of Petra to "tour". There might be for "one-offs" on weekends, but not an all out tour. Heck, things are about to get freaky bad in our economy. There will be little support for anyone who isn't constantly successful and present in the market to tour.

Louie happily drives tour buses. Drivers make killer money. Sometimes they make as much as musicians do per day. Back in 2004, our drivers were making $350 per day.

Louie loves to be around people, loves to talk, loves to be involved in the business. Driving is a great job for him. Louie He has an excellent work ethic. That right there sets him apart from many drivers I have had/worked with. If you are good and have good health, you have work forever.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Yeah just a joke Shawn. If all is forgiven they could do a one night show. I'll pay $200 a ticket to see it... Anyone else?
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:15 pm

I would be there if I possibly could. 8) Don't know if I'd pay $200 bucks though. :mrgreen:
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Maybe $200 could include a back stage pass, $60 a ticket?
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by Shell » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Now that would be something I would at least consider. :mrgreen: They do VIP stuff for Comic Cons and Star Trek Cons. That would be fun.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:32 am

shawnpfan2010 wrote:
executioner wrote:

Where do you pull this info out of??? :shock:
I know a few promoters some have worked closely with Petra over the years and can get inside info of the band pretty easily. I trust these guys more than anyone else I know and everything they have ever told me has been vetted as truth; they wouldn't say it if wasn't true. BTW most around here think CP is not around any longer because of low sales and little market, but that had a very small aspect as to why they are not around.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:34 am

Daniel wrote:Yeah just a joke Shawn. If all is forgiven they could do a one night show. I'll pay $200 a ticket to see it... Anyone else?

I'm there!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:45 am

zman7720000 wrote:
It would be a total miracle to see John S & Louie back on the stage together again, but it won't happen I know Bob would step in and say no way; lets just say if it so happened Classic Petra would be revived(fat chance) Louie would not have any part of it; because CP finally all realized what John S did in firing Louie was the right decision.
Ironic?

Its a shame they all can't see eye2eye, but that's part of being in a band with so many different type of personalities. I know as of right now John S & Louie have a respect for each other and things have been put in the past, but they will never grace the same stage again in a performance unless a miracle happens. This is a quote from my promoter friend. " I can't see Louie ever being a part of any type of Petra project in the future; too many bridges have been burned"
I will say on a personal note that at times it might be hard to forgive & forget but I've done that in my life, but in the same aspect in my life personal & professional life there are people that I choose to stay away from because of past experiences and seeing that its best for all involved.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:09 pm

So as far CP goes, I'm guessing Louie had something to do with the breakup? Greg and Louie are still tight though.
0 x