Wanted: "Sleeping Giant" tabs, chords, scales

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Re: Wanted: "Sleeping Giant" tabs, chords, scales

Post by sue d. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 pm

The band was overseas.... and they did learn the material, but I guess they like charts/chords too.

JOHN have charts? Naw.... he has them NOW, thanks to Rob Solberg (music director of John's solo band).
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:01 am

Thanks D-Pethead. We put a lot of time and effort into getting that right for the fans because we were fans. Your comment is what we heard over and over again. To be told that we sounded more like Petra than Petra did at the time was something I'll always cherish. That and performing Jekyll and Hyde in the U.S. Before Petra did. Those were good shows and good times. I still watch the old videos and it's all right on target. It's weird to watch the groups that have come after and compare by what we did but honestly, even though some of them are ok, I haven't heard anyone who's nailed it like that since. Ours was a labor of love from people who understood the music. I am blessed and humbled when I get messages from people who still appreciate what we did.

I'm confused as to the statement that they learned the stuff but still wanted chord charts. Doesn't that statement contradict itself? If you learned it, then you know it. I'm with everyone else. That's an easy song to learn, and makes them sound like less than skilled musicians. They may not be but asking the fans for chord charts and how to play it doesn't build confidence. Oh well.
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:57 pm

Would be cool to see John Schlitt with Andband, I would travel to see that.
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Enosh » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Have you seen this show we did? The whole show us in YouTube.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/A9xg4MIsZ0Y[/youtube]
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:52 am

I think John should use you guys again, and you should all dress up like Louie.

One thing I liked about what you guys did is you pretty much stuck to the tunes as they were recorded, playing the essence of what made the tunes memorable. This is not something cover bands, or even the Schlitt-Petra band, grasped.
0 x

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Enosh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:04 am

I agree with you Brent. I don't know why they've kept trying to reinvent the wheel. I think that's a big reason people start to lose interest. If you go see an artist whose music had meant a lot to you and they've changed the feel, progression, and what made the song memorable, then it doesn't feel familiar anymore and it feels like someone is just doing a cover of the song.

Take for example the video that's online of the band backing up John a few years ago at GMA week I believe doing Wake the Dead. No offense but it sounds like they didn't even try to capture the original song. That version is bland. The guitarist god bless him isn't playing the right stuff and even with John being the professional that he is, it just comes across as blah. Now take our version which is spot on with the recording music wise and vocally, when that first note kicks in you know it's on! I'm with you Brent, as a fan I don't understand why they've taken so many liberties with these classic songs and why they think it will pass with the fans. We get excited about seeing John but I have yet to see that spark again with these other bands.

.......Louie huh?
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.