Any news

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Any news

Post by Dan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Is Petra really done?
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: Any news

Post by fcollazo » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:50 pm

I don't like it, but it sounds like it. Since we never got an official statement on the Classic Petra demise, instead we were told they were taking a break for 2013, I don't know what to expect. It seems that they always want to keep things open just in case. We'll see.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:57 pm

0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Petra has been "done" for almost 10 years now. Even if they "came back" during the last year for a couple of shows, I don't think they had high expectations for something steady, and neither should the fans. I suppose they'll go on like this, just like they've been doing since 2006. Doing sporadic shows whenever the chance comes, and that's it.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Yes, that's about it.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:39 pm

ok, so what can be said is that they are available in farewell format if the price is right. The reason I ask is because I though something was in the works after John Lawry re-did the song "Prayer"
0 x

zman7720000
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: CITAS
Pethead since: 1989

Post by zman7720000 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:09 pm

D-Pethead wrote:ok, so what can be said is that they are available in farewell format if the price is right.
I think that has always been the case the question really is not if but how much money would it take for any and all members ever associated with the band$$$
0 x
"Ya take a bath each Sunday, if you need it or not
And ya go to work on Monday even when it's hot"

superfly
Pethead
Pethead

Post by superfly » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 pm

So the whole "Sony" thing where we might get a new album is gone right? I can't believe it's already been a year since they released "Holy Is Your Name" and we were thinking we might get a new album.
0 x

HudsonPethead
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire!
Pethead since: 1997

Post by HudsonPethead » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:44 pm

Last year John Schlitt talked in an interview about a new Petra album for this year.
But so far nothing is confirmed.

Maybe Sue has more information about it.
0 x
https://t.me/pump_upp

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:09 am

I think there have been too many plans made public that actually never materialised. We've heard lots of info about possible new albums and tours. If Bob and John really would want to continue Petra, they should just secretly lock themselves into Bob's basement for a few weeks with Cristian and Greg B. and we'd have a new album. The fact that they haven't done so in the last 9 years of Petra's retirement, makes me assume that they probably never will. I'm sure John would like to, heck, I would like them to do that, but I don't think it will happen. John is working very hard on building up John Schlitt Ministries and it sounds like he's busy with lots of new projects all over the place. That's great!! But to be honest, I don't think Petra fits in his schedule anymore, other than the occasional concert when there is interest and money to pay for all concert expenses.

So as long as I don't have Petra's next album in my hands, I assume there will never be one.
0 x

Thief
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Thief » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:36 am

p-freak wrote:I think there have been too many plans made public that actually never materialised. We've heard lots of info about possible new albums and tours. If Bob and John really would want to continue Petra, they should just secretly lock themselves into Bob's basement for a few weeks with Cristian and Greg B. and we'd have a new album. The fact that they haven't done so in the last 9 years of Petra's retirement, makes me assume that they probably never will. I'm sure John would like to, heck, I would like them to do that, but I don't think it will happen. John is working very hard on building up John Schlitt Ministries and it sounds like he's busy with lots of new projects all over the place. That's great!! But to be honest, I don't think Petra fits in his schedule anymore, other than the occasional concert when there is interest and money to pay for all concert expenses.

So as long as I don't have Petra's next album in my hands, I assume there will never be one.
But a lot of things have to come together in order for an album to actually happen. It's not only the writing and recording, which can be done at Bob's house. But the process requires money, distributors, etc. And considering their last experiences with record labels, I don't blame them for being wary at the prospect. Plus, there's the risk involved, will people buy it after all? I really don't think none of the members is wealthy enough to risk that, so I don't blame them for not going full-out and trying to test the waters before jumping in.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:15 am

The things that I've heard seem to contradict themselves. John is staying very busy with his solo, ACLJ, and ministries thing, but if circumstances come together he is all in for a new Petra album. Unlike in the past John's non Petra related items have taken priority(rightfully so). BTW look for some more and interesting things coming together with John S. John E. John L. & ACLJ, plus you could also see some other Petra members joining in. Their platform is huge & limitless which can turn something like a new Petra album into reality. Bob has been quiet and not seen for a while and in the past when this has been the case that usually means his writing songs has taken a priority; I'm not saying that is what he is doing but you never know, but will add I've heard some things are stirring around. Petra of the 80's and early 90's aren't around anymore so even if the market demand was there I don't think you would see Petra would be putting out albums every year like back then.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

BriGuyPEI
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

Post by BriGuyPEI » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:56 pm

HudsonPethead wrote:Last year John Schlitt talked in an interview about a new Petra album for this year.
But so far nothing is confirmed.

Maybe Sue has more information about it.
I believe Sue has shared that information a few posts up.
sue d. wrote:Yes, that's about it.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:07 pm

For the life of me, i have never understood how if John has been able to succcesfully fund not one, but two independently released albums of new material on his own with great production, how come Petra can not do the same with a bigger fan base than John alone. As you have seen, the problem is not the money. Way more people would jump on board on a Petra Kickstarter Campaign. Its about the willingness to do it. John showed it can be done, and it can be done well.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:51 am

John has been successful because he has been willing to trust people to use things like kickstarter. The other thing is he is a nice guy and people like him, and it goes without saying he has an amazing voice. I think if Bob was to use Kickstarter, people would get behind it, maybe it's just not his style, kickstarter can seem desperate.
0 x