Petra at Illinois State Fair

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
thunderecho
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Petra at Illinois State Fair

Post by thunderecho » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:56 am

superfly wrote:speaking of Kickstarter, I hadn't realized that Bloodgood had used Kickstarter for their record that was just released in the past year. It's a great record and had I known I would've joined their campaign. I sure would throw my support behind a new Petra project, and definitely would for another Schlitt one as well..maybe in another year or so after he promotes The Christmas Project this coming season?
Unfortunately, I missed the Bloodgood Kickstarter as well. I'd definitely step-up to help with a new Petra or John Schlitt record. Brent gets my vote to produce either one. I supported both of John Schlitt's projects. This time around, I'd be able to divert more resources to a new project. I wish Petra would give the fans an opportunity via Kickstarter to get a new record off the ground.
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Can Sue give us some clue if John and Bob have and appetite for a Kickstarter project for Petra? Why cant we ask. Several of us have access to them even directly or through email. Like I said before if John did it twice on his own, it will be much easier for Petra to pull off? Come on already PETRA!
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

Edlastic
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Ruptured IT&S
Pethead since: 1972

Post by Edlastic » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:23 pm

It sure would be hard for Bob to please everyone. A new release should be accompanied by studio footage on BluRay. That would make me happy. My happiness is all that is important to me. :mrgreen:

Sue. Your name fits you. Have you seen this?

"Dempster Name Meaning
Scottish, Manx, and English: occupational name for a judge or arbiter of minor disputes, from Old English dem(e)stre, a derivative of the verb demian ‘to judge or pronounce judgement’. Although this was originally a feminine form of the masculine demere, by the Middle English period the suffix -stre had lost its feminine force, and the term was used of both sexes. The surname is not common in England, where the term was early replaced by Anglo-Norman French juge (see Judge), but relatively frequent in Scotland, where until 1747 every laird of a barony could have certain offenses within his territory tried by his dempster, and on the Isle of Man, where deemsters also played an important part in the administration of justice.Irish (especially County Down): as 1, but also occasionally used instead of Dempsey."
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Hehehe... funny! though it's my married name, and I have no blood history with the name, I guess it could be appropriate!

As far as Petra & Kickstarter, I KNOW Petra could easily gain enough support from its fans. HOWEVER, it's something that Bob never really wanted to look into. I'm not exactly sure why, other than the perceived "begging for money" factor, which inho, is not how it works. Folks pledge, they get rewards. Simple!

But the big thing on Kicks is that it takes a LOT of planning and tons of effort not only to launch the campaign but to fulfill all the rewards. Who would take charge of all that?
0 x

Edlastic
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Ruptured IT&S
Pethead since: 1972

Post by Edlastic » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Duh! You!
0 x

superfly
Pethead
Pethead

Post by superfly » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Sue, does John have any interest in doing another solo album in the next couple years? Just curious...I love your (his) Kickstarter campaigns!
0 x

Samson
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: All of them!
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Samson » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:29 pm

I've never done a kickstarter pledge, but I would definitely do it today for Petra or Schlitt solo.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 pm

I would never support a Kickstarter (I just don't like the whole "crowd funding" concept), but I'd definitely buy a new album if one was released.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:05 pm

The problem is that if you're an independent - more than likely you don't have a pile of cash sitting around. That means without Kickstarter or some other funding method you won't have a CD to buy.

John doesn't have any plans at the moment to do another CD but that could always change!
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:00 am

I bet he hangs with Jay and John and does something more with them.
0 x

Mountain Man
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Mountain Man » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:29 am

sue d. wrote:The problem is that if you're an independent - more than likely you don't have a pile of cash sitting around. That means without Kickstarter or some other funding method you won't have a CD to buy.
I understand that, but the whole "crowd funding" thing just rubs me wrong, and it seems like it has produced more failures than successes. Too many "take the money and run" scam artists out there. Not that I think Bob Hartman would ever do that, but there has to be a better way to fund a project.
0 x

fiendik
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat The System
Pethead since: 2010

Post by fiendik » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Crowd funding has gotta be better than record company funding... the big corporations never have good ideas. And the only alternative to those is no funding, which is pretty rough, too.
0 x
"Fiends are a gift from above, fiends are devoted and true..."