DREAM TEAM REUNION ANNOUNCED...you read correctly

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Re: DREAM TEAM REUNION ANNOUNCED...you read correctly

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:25 pm

fcollazo wrote:I also saw the video posted here and then it was gone!??!!?!?
working on it give me 30 mins, better quality one coming up
0 x

petraman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petraman » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Do you have it with Skillet introducing them?
0 x
WhiteHeart Rox 4 CHRIST!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Guys. Get over it. It's not an insult to use an old pic. Who the heck cares? Do you think anyone but us even noticed? The people who assemble that stuff don't know. Good grief. You got to see the dream team. They did the show. Be glad they got to do the rock stuff out of all of the possible bands that could have.

BTW. In case you wanted know what I think of The Newsboys. Talk about no soul. The drummer is probably a nice guy, but he plays looks like a spaz and looks as stiff as a board. He broke all of the rules drum teachers teach in one song. "Me beat with stick now!" Could have lived without them.

Good to see little Evie.

Man, the video about the persecuted Christians was sobering. I suck compared to lots of people, but especially them. I live in comfort and am annoyed by The Newsboys and the quality of a mix...of a show...I watched on a computer. I am weak. They are strong.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:04 pm

petraman wrote:Do you have it with Skillet introducing them?
Yes I have the entire show, still getting it in fact.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:06 pm

brent wrote:BTW. In case you wanted know what I think of The Newsboys. Talk about no soul. The drummer is probably a nice guy, but he plays looks like a spaz and looks as stiff as a board.
He is hard to watch drum has flexibility issues, hard to know whether to laugh or cry...
0 x

fiendik
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat The System
Pethead since: 2010

Post by fiendik » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:52 pm

I can't believe I actually got to watch the live stream! My entire family (me, my parents, 2 sisters, & 4 brothers) watched it during dinner... not what we'd normally do. My opinion on the concert? Very imbalanced; of the artists that were there, some were on the stage constantly, but others only did one partial song! David Meece & Wayne Watson barely did anything, but Michael W. Smith, Sandy Patti, and Amy Grant were always on the stage (And I don't even like those three very much). To me, Petra and Newsboys were almost the only artists of interest. They were also the only full bands. All the rest were only vocalists. This has a massive affect on the music quality. Otherwise, S. C. Chapman and Mark Schultz are old favorites of mine. Lovesong and The Imperials were interesting to have there because of what they did. I would have preferred it if they had not had Battistelli there... neither me nor anyone in my family likes her songs. I thought the backstage breaks were too long, but that's just me.

But about Petra:
The music was amazing! The vocals were rough, but that's to be expected. Was the bassist actually Ronny? He didn't look anything like I'd thought he should... and I didn't hear the keyboard part very well. Bob and Louie were just as good as they were in '91! I'm hoping this will lead to something new for the band, but these are old guys. They won't necessarily have the will to do the things they once did. Maybe they'll see that they can still reach out to people the way they once did... but that's just the wishful thinking of a Pethead. :) Otherwise, we still have the Newsboys to make great music for us, as well as Third Day, Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman, and others.

Other bands that could have been there? I would have appreciated Casting Crowns; Third Day or MercyMe wouldn't have been out of place there. Peter Furler was missing, but his abscence has obvious reasons for it. I would have liked to see Code of Ethics, but they've never done any touring anyway. The list of interesting additions that could have been made is endless... Stryper, Steve Camp, Lincoln Brewster, Crumbacher, Greg Volz...
0 x
"Fiends are a gift from above, fiends are devoted and true..."

GS.
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Jekyll and Hyde
Pethead since: 2004

Post by GS. » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:25 am

Relax everybody when you have that many artists there there are going to be a couple you don't care for.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:01 am

Everyone has their favorites. It will be interesting to see who is and is not in the book. Remember, this show came about because of the book. I am sure the artists chosen were artist the author and music big wig was affiliated with or influenced by.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

Post by pmal » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:52 am

Bart Millard was the MercyMe representative and sang "God of Wonders" (Third Day?). Other than that, though, it would have been great to eventually see them sing "Here am I" (my favorite) or that other ultra-popular song that they made on the DVD ;)
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

DeSoto
Pethead
Pethead

Post by DeSoto » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:14 am

Did they only do one song? They should take the opportunity to do a Dream-Team-Reunion-Concert and tape it...Ronny may have lost all his hair, but nothing of his move, and wow, Louis has gotten big... :mrgreen:
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:31 am

Louie drives a tour bus. When all you do is sit and drive, you're going to get a little big, especially when you age. But, I will say that Louie sets hunched over and so he looks a little bigger than he is when he's sitting.
0 x

davealward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by davealward » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:43 pm

I enjoyed the performance. Who does or has Louie driven for?
0 x
Why don't you look into Jesus, He's got the answer!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Last I heard, Louie drives for his buddy, who owns the busses and was in the band Viktor. They have been contracted by just about every name brand artist you hear on the radio. I used to have a pic of him washing the bus, but don't know where it is now.
0 x

davealward
Pethead
Pethead

Post by davealward » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks Brent! Too bad Viktor didn't last very long.
0 x
Why don't you look into Jesus, He's got the answer!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:51 pm

DeSoto wrote:Did they only do one song? They should take the opportunity to do a Dream-Team-Reunion-Concert and tape it...Ronny may have lost all his hair, but nothing of his move, and wow, Louis has gotten big... :mrgreen:
For those of you who have been posting a long time and remember Elo, you might remember that she and I had a fit when we discovered Ronny had lost his hair... :mrgreen: I miss the folks who don't post here that often anymore. Of course I don't post as often as I used to either. so they are not alone in that.
0 x