Michael Sweet Book

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Michael Sweet Book

Post by brent » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:14 pm

I would highly suggest reading this book, if for no other reason than to get the straight truth from the horses mouth, and to learn about the processes and demands of the music industry. If you paid attention back in the day, this book doesn't reveal any big shocking sin news. I think everyone knew they partied hard and were hypocrites in their peak. To me, this book reveals great insight into the interpersonal dynamics, politics, business dealings, and how God got Mike's attention. The book is full of typos and grammatical boo boos, but so what?
0 x

davea
Pethead
Pethead

Re: Michael Sweet Book

Post by davea » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:35 am

Brent, this is likely the best book by a Christian artist I have read. Coming in second would be Michael English's "The Prodigal Comes Home". I appreciate Michael's honesty. This book does not sugar coat anything.

I would love to see Schlitt, Hartman, and/or Volz write a Petra 'tell-all' from their perspective. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, but sometimes some Christian artists appear picture perfect when they are not. By sharing his weaknesses and failures specifically, Michael has gained even more respect from me.
0 x

Markus
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Markus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:54 pm

@ Brent: How many chapters does this book have?
I'm surprised, that you can read the first 6 chapters on amazon. :shock:

@ davea: Naa... It will never happen.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:45 pm

40 chapters not including the conclusion, pics and tributes.
0 x