Rock The Halls Show

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Rock The Halls Show

Post by brent » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:31 am

I was busy and didn't get to talk to more than the usual suspects. Who here went?
0 x

srlwizfan
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: This Means War

Re: Rock The Halls Show

Post by srlwizfan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:53 pm

I don't post much on here, but I was at the show. I went to the meet and greet before the show and sat in the third row. As far as my opinion I had a wonderful time. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

John Schlitt was very easy to talk to and made you feel like you were the only person in line to see him. I talked to him about seeing him at Bartle Hall for a youth for Christ event in 1990 or 91. Seeing him at the farewell tour in Springfield, MO and I think I surprised him by seeing him sing at a Zig Zigler conference shortly after the Farewell tour ended.

The first two groups were interesting. I liked the first girls voice, and the second girl was talented just not my style.

Dust and Daisies were great. They reminded me of Glenn Kaiser and his wife in Rez Band. I loved the interaction between Deb and her husband. I don't know a lot about the ins and outs of playing music, but Rob seemed like a really good guitar player.

John Elefante - WOW what a great voice. I was just in awe of his abilities. He and John have a great chemistry on stage. I hope they are able to continue to have concerts together.

John Schlitt - what can I say. He is the reason I came to the show and he did not disappoint. I really liked hearing him embrace his past and use it to show how God was preparing him to be in Petra. I don't personally know John but he came across as very relaxed and really loving what he is doing right now.

Overall it was a wonderful night. I wish it would have gone on longer, but the I love how they ended the show with the Q&A, and with Never Been any Reason and Dust in the Wind.

Scott
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Ditto to everything!

It was an incredible show all the way around.
0 x

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:40 am

A big thanks to everyone involved with this show. From the very beginning it was my goal to present a unique show that Petra fans had not been able to see before. The pairing of John & John was a long time coming and on my end almost a full year in planning. Being a lifelong Petra fan it was my intention to present this show in the best possible way that I could while putting the MUSIC first. That could not have been possible without the help and support of Brent who really gets the legacy of John & John and shared the same goals from an audio perspective. It was an amazing night. I still remember floating the idea of pairing John & John together for a show and all the hurdles it took to place them on the same stage. I really hope that this parlays into more shows for the both of them. I personally have seen John Schlitt and Petra on every tour since On Fire. Since the Farewell tour I can honestly say this was the best sounding and mixed show I have attended or promoted with any of the Petra guys. Thanks to anyone on this board who promoted and sponsored this show by buying a ticket. The bottom line is, shows and music from these guys are only possible with financial support. Continue to support them and promotors who take the risks if you want to continue to receive new music and concerts. At this point it is the ONLY way to make it possible.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:57 pm

We have photos - with video to come.
0 x