Petra Vinyl

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Adonai
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 2007

Petra Vinyl

Post by Adonai » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:57 am

Hello Everyone,
I've been a Petra fan for awhile, but I am just starting to collect their stuff on vinyl. I have several questions:

1. Where is they best place to buy Petra vinyl. I watch Ebay, Amazon, and Discogs, and they have a decent selection. But are there better places to look?

2. Where can I find singles? I mostly see studio albums on the above mentioned sites.

3. Are there special vinyls I should be looking for?

4. Where can I find Beyond Belief? This is my favorite record, and I have searched and searched for it with no success.

Thanks for the help!
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Re: Petra Vinyl

Post by p-freak » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:12 am

Adonai wrote:1. Where is they best place to buy Petra vinyl. I watch Ebay, Amazon, and Discogs, and they have a decent selection. But are there better places to look?
I got most of my stuff from eBay. Other sites are Gemm.com and musicstack.com. Discogs is a more recent development and is very promising. Amazon is not the best place for old vinyl. There are some international auction sites I keep track of as well, but it's usually hard (and expensive) to arrange shipping.
Adonai wrote:2. Where can I find singles? I mostly see studio albums on the above mentioned sites.
Same places. Mind you, they are not always easy to find. It's taken me ten years to find all the 7" singles I knew existed. And I haven't even found all the 12" singles. I'm still looking for It Is Finished and Voice In The Wind. Just set up a favorite search in eBay for Petra in the category Music/Records and you'll get news of all new additions.
Adonai wrote:3. Are there special vinyls I should be looking for?
This is what I have: http://www.trodland.com/petraspective/collection.html and that's pretty much all there is. 8)
Here's an overview of promo singles: http://www.trodland.com/petraspective/i ... petra.html
I like the Australian limited edition Beat The System '86 Tour Souvenir EP.
Adonai wrote:Where can I find Beyond Belief? This is my favorite record, and I have searched and searched for it with no success.
Here: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Petra-Beyond-Bel ... 3a9c18e763
0 x

fiendik
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat The System
Pethead since: 2010

Post by fiendik » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:58 pm

I usually just look on eBay, which works for LPs of On Fire! or older; never seen Beyond Belief or Unseen Power on LP, though apparently P-freak can change that :) I wouldn't waste my time on amazon; never seen anything good there.

As far as singles are concerned, you just gotta wait until one shows up. I've seen quite a few of them on eBay, though I've never bought one.

If I'm looking for something very particular, I might go to discogs; or to a private online store (such as schlittshop.com)
0 x
"Fiends are a gift from above, fiends are devoted and true..."

Adonai
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 2007

Post by Adonai » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Thank you guys!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:13 am

Yeah asking Pfreak is the only way to go; if he doesn't know where or what it is then nobody knows...
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!