Petra Tour History on Fan Sites ? ...

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Petra Tour History on Fan Sites ? ...

Post by bertgangl » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Hi, all,

It's been a while since I've searched the Web for band-related fan pages and was just wondering: are there any out there that are still being updated on a regular basis?

I ask because I've worked on compiling a listing of the band's live performances, particularly the 1981-1994 time frame, on and off for the past several years and thought that, if such sites still exist, one of them might be a good place to post, and update, this info, seeing as how I, myself, know very little about Web page design. I would hesitate to post this sort of tour archive-related info in its final format in a discussion group post due to the inherently increasing difficulty in accessing the info as time goes by.

At any rate, I've done this with several mainstream bands and performers, both on fan sites and official artist pages, and thought it might be a nice-to-have sort of thing for the guys in Petra as well. Fans would be able to put the show they saw all those years ago into historical perspective, and those who were savvy enough to have saved those ticket stubs, posters, and t-shirts could e mail me and/or whomever runs the site in question to have their particular bit or bits of information added to the list.

If all of this sounds too offbeat for serious consideration, no worries. If it doesn't, I'd certainly appreciate any thoughts folks here might have regarding potential resting places for this info, particularly those who currently host band-related sites or other suitably-themed pages.

Thanks for reading and God bless!

Bert
1 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

Re: Petra Tour History on Fan Sites ? ...

Post by trodLAN » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:39 pm

If you could email me the dates, I would like to have a look at them...
[email protected]

TR
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:13 pm

The only English sites that are still being maintained are johnwschlitt.com and mine. John's site would be the place for this kind of info. You'd need to talk trodland, I'm not sure if they're set up and/or willing/able to create such a database. Right now there's an extensive archive of tour calendars.

Unfortunately, petrarocksmyworld.com is in permanent hibernation and guidetopetra.com only very occasionally gets an update. I remember how these two sites where the go-to sites right in the middle of the Petra universe. So whatever happened to MJ and Josh? Never see them on here anymore...
1 x

bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bertgangl » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi, all,

Thanks for the quick replies.

I, too, noticed the mostly defunct nature of the Guide to Petra and Petra Rocks My World sites and had pretty much written both of those off as candidates.

The JohnWSchlitt.com site would be a perfect fit, but I'd really like to extend the tour history as far back as possible. At present, I've found a host of dates as early as '82-'84, all of which were from the Volz era, and, as such, probably wouldn't fit with the intent of the JWS page.

P-Freak, you mentioned "John's site" and "mine." Are we talking about JWS.com and trodland.com, respectively, or are there one or more other sites besides those two?

And you mention the extensive archive of tour calendars. Are those the adverts on the JWS page and elsewhere? I've seen those, but, in my fairly copious experience with tour archives, these ads, while useful as rough guides, can be notoriously inaccurate, particularly those that were printed far in advance of the actual concert dates, which very often were shuffled around or cancelled after these were printed.

At any rate, thanks, in advance, for helping me sort this out! Very much appreciated!

Bert
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:21 pm

Even though some of those are before John's time, we'd be willing to host it. Not a problem!
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:02 am

Trodland.com is actually two sites. Trodlan owns the site and the main site is his. He is very kindly offering me hosting space for petraspective which is my site at trodland.com/petraspective.

And yes, I'm referring to those tour calendars. I have some on my site as well. Even though they might not always be accurate, most of the dates are correct.
0 x

bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bertgangl » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:12 am

P-Freak,

Thanks for the clarification. I've viewed your site many times and have been impressed by the thoroughness with which it was created and is maintained. Just last week, I browsed your page and read the .pdf-scanned War and Remembrance booklet you digitized. Fascinating reading.

Sue, trodLAN,

Give me a day or two to format the info I've got (which is now being updated more regularly) and I'll toss it to the both of you for inclusion on the trodland.com and johnwschlitt.com sites.

Thanks, all!

Bert
0 x

bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bertgangl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:55 am

Hi, all,

I'm just about finished with the rough draft of the Petra tour archive, which will cover 1983-2005, for now.

Along those lines, I'm working on the 2005 Farewell tour dates, most of which I've been able to verify, but had a few that may or may not have been cancelled, as I can't find any record of them having taken place.

So, if those of you here would be so kind as to take a look at the listing below and let me know if you, or someone you know, actually attended any of the shows in question, or if you have cancellation information on those concerts. I'd certainly appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks for your help in compiling the tour history and for your patience as I near the completion of the archive.

Blessings!

Bert

OCT Burlington, NC, Brookwood Church (06)/ Papillon, NE, The Rock (21)/ Cheyenne, WY, Civic Center (23)/ Helena, MT, Civic Center (25)/ Kalispell, MT, Christian Center Church (27)/
NOV Rye, CO, Rye High School (08)/
DEC Bahia, BRZ, Wet ‘n Wild Salvador (08)/ Brasilia, BRZ, Pistao Park (09)/ Fortaleza, BRZ (10)/ Sao Paulo, BRZ, Ginasio Paulo Rogerio Seixas (13)
Last edited by bertgangl on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by trodLAN » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:03 pm

2005 - Farewell Tour

NOV. 6 - Burlington, NC, Brookwood Church
(They played at Mesa First Assembly - AZ)

Nov. 21 - Papillon, NE, The Rock
(no data)

Nov. 23 - Cheyenne, WY, Civic Center
(They played 23.oct.)

Nov. 25 - Helena, MT, Civic Center
(no data - they played in Norway Nov.26 !)

Nov. 27 - Kalispell, MT, Christian Center Church
(Nov.27 they played in Husquarna Sweden & they played at Tonsberg, Norway, Elihu Church. November 29, 2005)

Nov. 08 - Rye, CO, Rye High School
(OK - confirmed)

Dec. 08 - Bahia, BRZ, Wet ‘n Wild Salvador
(OK - confirmed)

Dec. 09 - Brasilia, BRZ, Pistao Park
(OK - confirmed)

Dec. 10 - Fortaleza, BRZ
(OK - confirmed)

Dec. 13 - Sao Paulo, BRZ, Ginasio Paulo Rogerio Seixas
(OK - confirmed)
0 x

bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bertgangl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Super! I'll update the tour archive. I hope to e mail that to you and Sue by mid-next week! Thanks!
0 x

bertgangl
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bertgangl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Trodlan,

Looks like I put November on the first set of dates instead of October. Can you confirm the OCTOBER dates below?

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion,

Bert

PS. Can you tell me what source you are using to confirm these dates?

OCT Burlington, NC, Brookwood Church (06)/ Papillon, NE, The Rock (21)/ Cheyenne, WY, Civic Center (23)/ Helena, MT, Civic Center (25)/ Kalispell, MT, Christian Center Church (27)/
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by trodLAN » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:38 pm

OCT. FAREWELL DATES
Burlington, NC, Brookwood Church (06)
Confirmed!

Papillon, NE, The Rock (21)
Confirmed! Papillion

Cheyenne, WY, Civic Center (23)
Confirmed! Cheyenne Civic Center

Helena, MT, Civic Center (25)
Confirmed! Helena Civic Center

Kalispell, MT, Christian Center Church (27)
Confirmed!

My source is my own archieve of files, and contacts I have.
Take your time with the list...let me know if I can help with anything else.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by trodLAN » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:31 pm

A Tour List is uploaded to this page:
http://www.johnwschlitt.com/fans/tourlistpetra.htm

If anyone have more dates, please let me know!
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:38 am

I have a few additions and changes. Give me some time and I'll post them here or email them to you.

Any plans to include older dates and Classic Petra dates?

I have a tour calendar for the 1982 Servant/Petra tour and a tour calendar for the 1992 European tour.
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by p-freak » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:43 am

And I just found a full 1982 tour calendar plus a tour calendar for the first half of 1983. These are all missing from the list.
0 x