THEY OWNED THE STAGE!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
rlester
Pethead
Pethead

Re: THEY OWNED THE STAGE!!

Post by rlester » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Brent, I actually laughed out loud at your post, that was hilarious! I'm sure you are not ugly.

Sue, thanks for posting Johns schedule. HOLY SCHLITT no kidding that is insane what he did in those few days! Probably will take a week to recover after all that or at least a few days. Congrats to him on the new granddaughter as well.

Does anyone have any inside info on what our dream team thought to themselves about the reunion? It brought back so many memories I'm sure. Still feels good inside even a few days later for me.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Just be careful, some folks get really nasty with the pm. You can report those, too. You do ot have to tolerate someone who is off base and violating the forum rules. They are there for your benefit, unless you are a wingnut.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:10 pm

rexreed wrote:Just be careful, some folks get really nasty with the pm. You can report those, too. You do ot have to tolerate someone who is off base and violating the forum rules. They are there for your benefit, unless you are a wingnut.
We don't have any wingnuts here.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:04 pm

When will this crew own another stage is my question. GOD HAS DIRECTED THEM TO PLAY TOGETHER AGAIN AND RECORD 10 MORE ALBUMS.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:57 pm

Jonathan wrote:When will this crew own another stage is my question. GOD HAS DIRECTED THEM TO PLAY TOGETHER AGAIN AND RECORD 10 MORE ALBUMS.
Wish they were susceptible to these kinds of subtle subliminal messages. Maybe you need to backmask it into a prophetic recording and email it to Bob. :roll:
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:12 am

rlester wrote:Brent, I actually laughed out loud at your post, that was hilarious! I'm sure you are not ugly.

Sue, thanks for posting Johns schedule. HOLY SCHLITT no kidding that is insane what he did in those few days! Probably will take a week to recover after all that or at least a few days. Congrats to him on the new granddaughter as well.

Does anyone have any inside info on what our dream team thought to themselves about the reunion? It brought back so many memories I'm sure. Still feels good inside even a few days later for me.
I know of a promoter that was at the showing and when talking with Bob he wasn't given any indication to where this would lead, but something he told me was that the other artists and promoters that were there was really impressed with how Petra did and seemed generally excited to hear them. Keep in mind something like this always has people running around just looking for some artist that might deserve a contract or at least another chance; if someone was looking at getting back in the game that was the place to be.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:54 am

I have been sitting on this for a while. A months or so ago, John L and I were chatting on facebook about gear (recording consoles, preamps, mics, etc). In this conversation, I asked about the feasibility of a Kickstarter reuniting the Dream Team, and the possibility of playing dates. He told me, and I quote, "I am back in the band" and "we will be touring this year". The band line up would be the current Petra + John L. No firm dates were known or given. It can only be assumed that there might be something in the works, or that John is just saying he is willing to play dates, should they come up. Touring these days doesn't mean what it used to.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:03 am

brent wrote:I have been sitting on this for a while. A months or so ago, John L and I were chatting on facebook about gear (recording consoles, preamps, mics, etc). In this conversation, I asked about the feasibility of a Kickstarter reuniting the Dream Team, and the possibility of playing dates. He told me, and I quote, "I am back in the band" and "we will be touring this year". The band line up would be the current Petra + John L. No firm dates were known or given. It can only be assumed that there might be something in the works, or that John is just saying he is willing to play dates, should they come up. Touring these days doesn't mean what it used to.
The current lineup I don't want to ever see again after seeing Dream Team, unless it is that Dream Team lineup I am done.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:20 am

brent wrote:I have been sitting on this for a while. A months or so ago, John L and I were chatting on facebook about gear (recording consoles, preamps, mics, etc). In this conversation, I asked about the feasibility of a Kickstarter reuniting the Dream Team, and the possibility of playing dates. He told me, and I quote, "I am back in the band" and "we will be touring this year". The band line up would be the current Petra + John L. No firm dates were known or given. It can only be assumed that there might be something in the works, or that John is just saying he is willing to play dates, should they come up. Touring these days doesn't mean what it used to.
I was also told somewhat the same thing but wasn't told that John L was back in the band, just that he was willing to do dates fitted around his schedule. With John L being back in the band I would think that would take a lot of pressure or responsibility off of Bob tour, writing, & production wise if it ever went that far.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:26 am

Dan wrote:
The current lineup I don't want to ever see again after seeing Dream Team, unless it is that Dream Team lineup I am done.
While I would prefer the Dream Team I would also be happy with the current lineup +John L. I really do think the keys live will add a lot to the mix and overall quality of the show. I also respect your opinion about what lineup you would want, but why kick the current lineup out of the equation?
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:10 pm

Ronny and Louie have charisma, and they play with passion and don't stand there like a tree stumps, it's what is needed to make Petra... well Petra. The only other combo I would see is Classic Petra, anything else is just a joke IMO. When I told my brother the Dream Team did a one song reunion, he regained his interest in Petra... this is the case for many people maybe not here on the zone but facebook went fricking crazy about the Dream Team reunion. I know Brent has had a lot to do with Louie over the years and he will tell you Louie is key.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Well, I wouldn't say what he did for me was "allot". I agree 100%. Louie was a big contributor to the "presence" of Petra on and off of the stage. Louie is a people person. Louie is a detail person. Louie is a memories person. He is a character with the uncanny ability to carry on multiple conversations simultaneously. He is a fixer. When he sees a problem, he likes to address it and offer suggestions. He likes to give his opinion. Louie really relishes Petra, the Petra fans, the contribution to music history, the relationships, etc.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:20 pm

rexreed wrote:Just be careful, some folks get really nasty with the pm. You can report those, too. You do ot have to tolerate someone who is off base and violating the forum rules. They are there for your benefit, unless you are a wingnut.
Oh, yeah, I've learned not to put myself in a position where I might get a nasty response or be misunderstood, and if someone has already reported a post it would probably be pointless. It's not the final word or anything, and of course there will be exceptions like there are with anything else. I don't think most people would object to being asked for clarification about something or maybe a suggestion that they should lighten up. If they do that's a problem on their part. We've all misinterpreted or overreacted to stuff at some point; one of the drawbacks of being human. Most Internet stuff isn't worth losing sleep over. It's better for the most part to interact with people you can see and hear. There will be exceptions to that too; I have some pretty cool Facebook friends, but the majority of them don't live anywhere near me. 8) My church is a good place to interact with people. Most of the people there are pretty cool.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Shell you and Sue are the mothers of the Zone, you keep us men in check.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks Dan. I like to think I'm helpful.
0 x