GMA & II Guys

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

GMA & II Guys

Post by sue d. » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:48 pm

If anyone plans to attend GMA week in Nashville, make sure to check out the "Super Rock Show" showcase, which includes II Guys from Petra on Sunday, April 22.

http://www.johnwschlitt.com/images/rocketown.jpg

John will be the emcee for the event, which runs from 1-6 p.m.

A $5 donation at the door is requested in support of Food for the Hungry, who is the main sponsor.
0 x

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Susannah » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:47 am

Silly me! I just woke up and as I was reading this, I read it as eleven Guys from Petra! Just as I was about to get all excited, I remembered what it really was. :lol:
0 x
It's His delight to give you your desire; it's His desire to set your life on fire!

Ange
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Ange » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:07 am

You're so silly! But if there ever is a time when 11 guys from Petra will be somewhere together, I'm sure you'll let me know! :P
0 x

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Susannah » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:40 pm

Man, I wanna go! I just looked at the billing for that. Bob and John, Jamie Rowe, Whitecross and Oz Fox with Bloodgood--the next best thing to 11 guys from Petra!
0 x
It's His delight to give you your desire; it's His desire to set your life on fire!

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by SkyCaptain » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:07 pm

Oh man! That sounds awesome! 8) I'm sure John will do a great job Emceeing.

Mark
0 x

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Susannah » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:58 pm

Hey, does anyone know if the event is open to the public? Or do you need to be registered for GMA week?
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:16 am

It's open to the public; you don't have to be registered for this one.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:55 am

Is anyone from the Zone going? It's coming up this week, you know.

My big old jet airliner awaits... :wink:
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

GMA

Post by trodLAN » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:45 am

Let us hear some info from the GMA show this weekend!
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by sue d. » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:50 am

Ok - I'll report in.

I was there, and saw Susannah there too, along with her mom, D'Anne.

The Showcase:
It was held in Rocketown, which is a big old warehouse in a strange part of town... off the beaten path, really.

There was an upper level which held the smaller pop stage, and a lower level with a full stage, sound, lighting - the works.

Since John was emcee, we had to get there a bit early. So he and I drove down around 12:30; I set up some merch and hung around talking to people.

Things started late, so the time frames were all thrown off. It wasn't real crowded for any of the day.... people basically came and went, and since the times for each band was all off it was hard to know just who the crowds were coming in to see.

When John and Bob came on stage they did have a fairly good crowd; one of the larger ones of the day.

They played a short set, maybe 20 mins or so. I think there were more "non-Petra fans" there than anything, but people really seemed to like it. They definitely cheered when the guys played the classics.

Dorla and Kim came along too; it was the first time Dorla saw the acoustic act, and she was impressed!

After the set, we had some merch sales, autograph signings and such.

John and I finally got out of there around 7:30-8 p.m. (like I said... things were running way behind). It was a long day, but fun and certainly interesting for me.

On Monday I headed into town to scope out all the booths and such at GMA. Now THAT was a foray into a whole 'nother world! I had never been to any of this before, but I kind of knew what to expect which was lots and lots of booths, tons of people milling about, talking, passing out cards, getting information, networking - all that jazz.

There were booths all over with live radio broadcasting, some television spots, and lots of very "punky-looking" people. I'd have to say that THAT was the part that most surprised me. Lots of YOUNG spikey-haired dudes. Of course you had the suits, the normals and artists - or wannabes. It was strange.

But I did my thing too.... wandered through the booths, grabbed info for the future and talked to a number of booth reps too, passing out MY card as I went.

Time will tell if anything will come of it all, but there was one lady at the TBN booth with whom I had a very wonderful conversation. I told her about what John and Bob were doing, and how I became involved and all. We were really on the same page in our assessment of the whole GMA thing.... understanding the need for it but at the same time feeling this is NOT what Jesus had in mind when he said "Go into all the world..."

She asked me for my card - which she said I was only the 2nd person she asked (in other words, inferring that of all the thousands of people that run thru her booth - she wanted to get back in touch with me about John and Bob).

So we'll see....

All in all, it was a great time for me personally. I came away from there with a real sense of independence and of purpose, and an even greater friendship.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:22 am

I'm glad you had a good time and everything went well. Yeah, GMA can be a good thing for networking, but it does have it's bad points too. You have to be very careful to stay focused on God.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

GMA

Post by trodLAN » Mon May 07, 2007 8:26 am

I found this info about the GMA Showcase, with pictures of John and Bob.
Does anyone else have pics from this show??
http://www.hmmagazine.com/blogs/doug/ar ... 002256.php
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland