Keep Your Light On: A Tour Portrait DVD from John Schlitt

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Keep Your Light On: A Tour Portrait DVD from John Schlitt

Post by dihigo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:13 pm

I've recently considered adding John Schlitt's Keep Your Light On: A Tour Portrait to my DVD collection. I thought I'd find a thread on here discussing it but came up short. The only info I can find on it are on John's Schlitt Shop and Petraspective. To those who own it, how would you rate it compared to other Petra related DVDs?
0 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

dihigo
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Back to the Rock
Pethead since: 1988

Re: Keep Your Light On: A Tour Portrait DVD from John Schlit

Post by dihigo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Based on the chirping cricket sounds coming from this post, I take it that either y'all haven't seen this DVD or that it's simply unremarkable.

0 x
What are ya lookin' for the Devil for when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:24 pm

I'll chirp!

This is a really, really great project put together by Rickard Karlsson, a filmmaker and major Petra fan.

The vid follows the guys on tour plus he has short 'interlude' moments of reflections with John. There are concert shots, behind the scenes fun and games... a wide variety of stuff.

It goes head to head with anything that Petra has put out. Go get it!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:23 pm

I just saw this today (Tuesday), and it was only posted yesterday (Monday). You might give people a chance to see it and respond. Just saying. 8) It's been awhile since I've seen it, but it's very well done. I'll watch it again and post more specific thoughts when I get a chance. I'll do my best to do so this week. You shouldn't buy something just based on what people say though, everyone has different ideas/opinions. If it's something you want, buy it and enjoy it.
0 x

r_karlsson22
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire
Pethead since: 1996

Post by r_karlsson22 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Hello folks!

Oh, that old one from 2009!

It was a fun ride making the film. The interview shots was made on a hotel in Halmstad before the show in Gullbranna (a venue where Petra has performed at least 5 times through the years). I used to live in that town back then.
I recorded some short video clips with John before the shows and uploaded it directly from the venue on Youtube. Every band do something like that now a days, but back in -09 it was a bit rare - almost no one had an Iphone. ;)

Some of the mobile phone recordings I did in Sweden:

The whole film then? I haven't seen it since 2010 I guess, but I think it's an OK production. I tried to make it as I would like to see a "behind the scenes film" about Petra/John Schlitt. I was new as a filmmaker and I think I borrowed the cameras from my university to make the film. I still work with television, but now as a journalist on a newspaper and TV station in Sweden.

I will always remember that tour. It was like a 'new beginning' for me and my walk with God. I also got to know the band that played and toured with John: Simon and Frank Adahl who has also played together with Petra in the 90's. I have done two films with Simon Adahl after the film with John. Here's the first one... it's in Swedish with English sub. Pretty good rock'n'roll.
0 x
https://twitter.com/RickardWidgren
http://AboutRickard.com
Instagram: rickardwidgren