Questions about John solo album and biography

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
winterlens
Pethead
Pethead

Post by winterlens » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:32 pm

That's on Liberty'n'Justice's Welcome to the Revolution; the song is called "It's about Love" and was, IIRC, slated to be on his new solo record. The production on WttR was pretty poor--several songs didn't even get mastered, I think, and that was one of them. Soundtrack of a Soul was much, much better. I just got Independence Day today, and I'm less impressed with it on first listen than I was with the previous effort. We'll see if it grows on me.
0 x
DIA PISTEWS IHSOU CRISTOU

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:00 pm

Now Sue I seem to remember there was samples that came out for Johns upcoming record years ago, are they going to be on this album?

I was just talking with John and Dan about that... and the answer is...

YES!

Dan created an awesome montage, along with a few words from John interspersed, and it's ready to go.

But first I need your help before I put it out on the net:

I want to make the fact known that John Schlitt is alive & well, and STILL is NOT over the hill (or ready to retire!).

I know alot of you guys surf the web for news & such... I need to compile a list of internet sites and printed media outlets where I can submit a press release to.

I have a decent list already, but I want to know if I'm missing some (which I'm sure I am!).

SO.... if all you surfers out there can add to this thread with websites & contact info of the sites you visit for news - be it Christian news, music news (both mainstream & secular), or wherever - please post those place on this thread.

Once I have a nice list/compilation of sites and have the press release written, we'll put up the sampler for the Zone Petheads first....!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:59 am

What? no news readers amongst the Pethead gang? no response in wanting to hear John's new album??
0 x

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:11 am

I only visit jesusfreakhideout.com on a regular basis and sometimes ccmplanet.com, but I think you already know those websites...

It might be an idea to post a message on all John's friends at myspace. First send friend requests from John to dozens of well-known bands. And then leave messages there!

Also make a video with stills from John and the new music and put it on youtube with a lot of tags (rock petra christian ccm etc.).
0 x

carol d.
Pethead
Pethead

Post by carol d. » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:14 pm

YES, YES, I want to hear a sample!! :D

The only news sites that I visit are foxnews.com and the little snipits that Yahoo puts on my e-mail home page.
0 x
[color=purple][size=109]"He Came, He Saw, He Conquered!"[/color][/size]

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:22 pm

I go to Fox News, The Drudge Report, World Net Daily, Boortz.com, The Petra Zone and NASCAR.com. I try to work my space put dont have much luck and Shout something or nother. I dont think I will be much help. But I can tell every one I know and my email list.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.