David Lychens / American Idol??

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Masada1
Pethead
Pethead

Shame

Post by Masada1 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:25 am

Long time lurker...rare poster.

petrafan1 and Edward...please stop with the nonsense. I don't come on this only to see people ream each other out. Be Christ...pull up your big boy underwear and knock it off. The name calling is thoroughly unacceptable and dishonors Christ first and foremost...and Petra secondly.

Trying to speculate on situations that few of us are privy to the details is nothing but gossip. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, you are not entitled to throw them out there to cause disharmony in the Body.

I've been a part of this board for well over a decade...and it just sickens me to see some of the stuff that goes on in here...do all of us a favor and grow up! If you can't exemplify Christ in your demeanor on this board..quit posting. It does nothing but tear the Body down and frankly makes Petra fans look like morons.
0 x
"Back to the Rock" Classic Petra Fan Forum http://www.classicpetrafan.рroboards.com/

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun May 10, 2009 1:53 pm

I was at the Enid show. I met the poor promoter early that day.
He was asking for help. Ticket sales did not happen. That was not a good venue for a show and there wasn't enough advertising. When Bob and John got off of the bus, they had sufficient cause to not do the show at all.
It took Wayne a while to work out a deal.

If I recall correctly, John was I'll. Then the band had to play for free pretty much. The fans were the reason Petra went on. It was a terrible venue, with terrible lights and sound. The promoter was a nice guy but did not do his part.

You can pray people will come to a show. That doesn't work.

Anyway, on their state of mind, feeling screwed, and having to be in another state in a few hours, it's easy for a rational person to understand why they split quickly.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sun May 10, 2009 6:51 pm

petrafan1 wrote:Whatever, Bob still took time to mingle with the fans. He is a great guy.
John was on stage with Bob. He was on stage right most of the time. He left to use the restroom or something and came back. They both left together. I walked them, Greg Bailey, the buss driver (father of one of the guys from Fairwell June) and the merchandise guy out to the buss.

I know John isn't perfect. But let's not imply that he is something that he is not. You really do not have all of the facts on this or the Louie deal. If it were me, I would not let my memories and admiration be tainted by assumptions. But that is me.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sun May 10, 2009 11:11 pm

Hello Masada... good to see you stop in.
you wouldn't be the promotor that booked a Petra show in Enid and then stiffed them would ya?
I was wondering the same thing. Apparently not.

I was not at that show, but my friends were there, catering the event (and also good friends of John). Brent it right - yes, John was sick, and the whole thing was a bad scene all the way around.
0 x

jmhasty
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jmhasty » Mon May 11, 2009 8:17 am

petrafan1,

Please stop. I know that this makes you feel better and having this conversation about how "bad" of a person John was on one night of ministry makes you think that you have every thing and everyone figured out. I happen to know someone that was at that show that met John for the first time and had a pleasant experience with him, said He told everyone he could that he was "not feeling well". I am sure when you are sick you don't leave a "good" feeling with everyone you come in contact with. Look maybe he wasn't "nice" to you or maybe he didn't sign autographs for "everyone" like you say Bob did, so what!!!!!!!!! I have been to pleny of Petra events where he DID sign "every" autograph. One time is not a pattern of behavior. 10 times isn't even a pattern of behavior if the other 200 times someone signed everything. The best thing to do is focus on what you can to for Christ, assuming you have a relationship with him. Petra ie John, Bob et al........... have used their gifts to see people saved, restored and revived to be On Fire for Jesus........ I am guessing that the above mentioned people have reached more people for Jesus than all of this board combined.......... Here is a great idea: lets stop killing our own with friendly fire, there are plenty of "enemies" already shooting at us. Grow up!!!!!! I have an autographed CD from John that HE SIGNED for me about 15 years ago that i stood in line for about 3 hours to get. I will send it to you if you want it. I can even personalize it for you if you want :D
0 x

jmhasty
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jmhasty » Mon May 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Well, your idea is not a very good one for a Public forum. How do you want your CD addressed? I will get it in the mail for you..................
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Mon May 11, 2009 3:23 pm

This is getting ridiculous, would one of the moderators please lock this?
0 x

jmhasty
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jmhasty » Mon May 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Dude, I am done! you win!!!!!!!!
0 x

Schrodyr
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Schrodyr » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Wow... Haven't been up here in a while. I guess I really started a good one! I not sure what I missed at this point, but I don't think I want to know.
0 x
...the one I feed is the one who lives...

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:39 am

Schrodyr wrote:Wow... Haven't been up here in a while. I guess I really started a good one! I not sure what I missed at this point, but I don't think I want to know.
We had a forum troll problem for a few weeks before his account was deactivated. He was harassing members of the board. His posts were all deleted, however, so what you see is reactions to his no longer existent posts.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Tutor23
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Tutor23 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:17 am

I've had the pleasure of meeting John several times, and Bob twice. I was honored to meet them each time, and they both treated me kindly each time. I got autographs at several of the meetings - no problem.

These guys are human. We tend to hold them up as role models, which is fine, but we must remember they're human. They have produced music that has ministered to literally millions of people. I know they have ministered to me for decades. I will probably always have Petra's music on my Mp3 player and in my car.

I will always be grateful. Their imperfections can never erase the immense good Petra has done for me.

Andy from Indiana
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:26 am

Well said, Andy.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:56 am

Imperfections can make things...interesting to say the least. :D Although I don't have John's phone number, don't talk to him on a regular basis and have never been to his home or anything, I can say with a reasonable amount of confidence that I've been to enough Petra concerts over the years and been around John enough to know he's not a saint. I can say John has never been insincere towards me or given me the impression he's claiming or has claimed to be something he isn't. I haven't had as much contact with any of the other guys, but I would guess they probably aren't saints either. None of these guys are, and as far as I know they've never claimed to be. I think it tends to be the fans who grant them sainthood. Think about it. :wink:
0 x