Upcoming Petra Show?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:07 pm

danielaussie wrote:Bob checks his email... he sees and email from 74CAPethead, what is he supposed to say. "yeah ya got me man... how did you find out? here are the details of who is going to be at the reunion...."

A non-response would be too obvious that something was going on....

and yes man did walk on the moon.
Mythbusters did a show about the moon landing, the shadows, etc. They replicated the surface after consulting NASA, which has samples of the rocks, soil, etc. Anyway, it was interesting. They were able to replicate the multi-angled shadows, etc with one light source. They went to Nasa and got in a zero gravity tank with a flag to demonstrate the waiving.
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Reunion

Post by JMBJR72 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Maybe Sue could give us some details if there any?
Jim
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Re: Petra reunion.

Post by separateunion » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 pm

cvs2kids wrote:
separateunion wrote:After the fallout between Louie and John, I have a hard time envisioning them ever sharing a stage again.
The same could be said about Ronny and someone. However, I think they are able to forgive one another.
I've only heard bits and pieces about what happened to Ronnie. I didn't have access to the internet when his departure from the band happened. So, I really couldn't comment on him and this mysterious "someone", I could only comment on Louie and John because I was able to watch that unfold.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:26 pm

over 1400 views since July 31st. Interesting. Obviously some people are wanting this to happen. If someone IS working on this, and it is a year or two away, they might want to break the silence so that people can make some plans. Crap, the economy sucks and I am barely floating right now. I would need to make some plans, like how RockSoup, Daniel and I are going to meet up to rob a bank, or start our own new-age-roman catholic-muslim-mormon-charasmatic-TV evangelism program to steal money from the old and stupid, etc.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 pm

brent wrote:over 1400 views since July 31st. Interesting. Obviously some people are wanting this to happen. If someone IS working on this, and it is a year or two away, they might want to break the silence so that people can make some plans. Crap, the economy sucks and I am barely floating right now. I would need to make some plans, like how RockSoup, Daniel and I are going to meet up to rob a bank, or start our own new-age-roman catholic-muslim-mormon-charasmatic-TV evangelism program to steal money from the old and stupid, etc.
lol.... pause... lol

... but if it was in planning stages it's to early for the organizers to say anything right? I though this was an insider leak.

John & Louie were on the road together for a period longer than any other member, surly they must miss each other a little bit?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:10 pm

Read in your best Office Space/Mr. Lumbergh voice:

"Yeah....We're gonna need Louie to come play drums with the guys on Sunday, Ok? Great!

I wonder if Louie ever shoots the bull with the musicians he drives for, goes out on stage with them, kicks around a bit on their drums, etc. You can take the boy out of the band but you can't take the band out of the boy.
0 x

Rocksoup
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Rocksoup » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:44 pm

You're making this way harder than it needs to be Brent. The way I see it, once the Mac Daddy in Chief, Obama, finds out some insider info, he and his cronies will have a Petra Reunion stimulus package crammed through in no time. Hide it in the health care bill if you have to. Then when the show is over, if there are still some differences of opinion among some members, hey, they can work them out over a couple of beers. See how easy that was.
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

Post by Jonathan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:58 pm

0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:31 am

That has to be one of the best stupid movies out there. I love it. When I worked for a church here in KC, the production department was full of Office Space lovers. So someone started making TPS reports a reality. All of our faxes had TPS at the top. All of the other 500 employees thought is was something technical or that the letters had so sweet Godly + tech meaning. NOPE.

Anyway. Over 1700 views. 10 people looked at this 170 times I guess.

Just to let Sue off the hook, so she doesn't get into trouble, she did know know what I have learned until I told her. She is not working on anything of this nature. (OK John?).

Before offers are made by buyers to sellers for shows, productions are sent out for bid. Band's have tech riders. When there is no tech rider, tech guyes ask other tech guys who might have mixed or provided sound reinforcement and backline before if they could get a copy of an older rider. I had one.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:44 am

I haven't seen Office space, I have seen what might be a similar type show The Office (UK edition) it is stupid but by far one of my favorite shows of all time.

Getting to excited about a rumored reunion is a little silly, I see it this way if it was true:

If it was in planning as said before, there is the money side of things (a main factor) once the plan was put together, they would have to approach the guys and offer them $????? individually to seal some sort of deal, until that was done, why would anyone even bother to state that this was a works in progress.

Personally I would like to see the guys that don't talk anymore make peace, this would minister to me and others maybe more than any other single thing that the band has done in there last ten years prior to 2005.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:05 pm

It takes two people with their heads out of their butts and the proper motives in their hearts to reconcile. If one party doesn't and the other does, oh well. The other one is just looking stupid. Some people do not think that they have done anything wrong and do not see a need. Perception is a real kicker sometimes.

If the guys have anything to work out at all, then it should be done for themselves by themselves. A forced show would not be the same. We would all know that people would like to throw mics and drum sticks on stage, giving each other a Christian snuggie in the love of the Lord. It would be hard for us to watch and hard for them to play through. We all have glory days that we are fond of. They are best left to memory. How many times can you recreate the first date?

I would be happy to go to each of them, do an extensive audio/video interview. I would have all of them record parts in a ProTools session, then mix it when it's done. It would be a new Petra record recorded on site, apart, not in a studio. Then I would release the accompanying video.
0 x

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:48 pm

This could easily be a hoax perpetrated by one person. I'd love for it be true, though.

If I ever win the lottery (which I won't, because I don't play), I will pay each member of the band a sum too great to be refused to travel to some remote location. Then I'll lock them all in a room with no food, water, or toilets. And I'll tell them they aren't getting out until they make nice.

Then we'll see how committed they are to feuding.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:10 pm

What about a one-off show broadcasted on the internet, so that everyone in the world could watch it, followed by interviews? Then if someone wanted a high-res copy with surround sound, they could buy the DVD.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Hahaha, I like your plan Spott. Really, though, don't we all have at least one person we wouldn't care to talk to or see again? There is a difference between forgiveness and reconciliation, and reconciliation has to be a joint effort on the part of all involved as Brent pointed out.

You can keep a feud going or not by how you choose to respond; it's kind of hard for one person to keep a feud going by themselves.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:11 am

Just to let Sue off the hook, so she doesn't get into trouble, she did know know what I have learned until I told her.
Uh..... Not sure what you're trying to say.... I "did NOT know" ahead of time what you were going to post until you did it?
0 x