Petra Show Ticket Sales

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Petra Show Ticket Sales

Post by brent » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:53 pm

I posted this in another link. I have added important information at the bottom.

Come on people cut the crap and put your money where you mouth is. I have seen Def Leppard, ZZ Top and many other legacy bands for $50 a pop and they all were LAME. Schlittzy can sing them under the table when he wants to. Bob ain't ready for a rockin chair. Lawry can still play. You should hear the wild stuff he played for PDC. Ronnie is on Youtube with some lame college band. We can do it. Don't complain about Petra not being around anymore. Suck it up and show us the money and we will make it happen.

500 people paying $50 a head will get you John S, John L, Bob, Louie and Ronnie, good audio, good lighting. Let's start the list. If you are serious about this, I am going to have to walk in with the money and make it worth their while.

Why $50? We will have to fly these guys in, meet all of the tech rider specs for a production, pay insurance, pay the guys, etc. Concerts done right cost money. The facts are that Petra will not draw any more than 500 people now. Look at the video taping. It was lame and it was free. This is for the HARDCORE fan that wants a great seat, with great sound, no idiot Wayne Seboa mixing. This is going to be THE fan's nirvana.

Some people will say that they cannot afford $50 plus the trek. I understand. The economy is crap right now. But it will turn around. You can save it. If you want it that bad, you will make a way. If Petra really means that much to you, you will make it happen.

"But Louie and Bob and John...blah, blah, blah." Don't worry about it. It will work out. Greater things have happened. Prayer, smooth talkin and money is a great band-aid.

Soon I will provide a link to a page where you can make a payment via PayPal. I don't want to hear any sob stories about PayPal. I send money globally to and from musicians, and I have never had a problem with security. I have transfered more money than this show will cost several times. The money will be in an escrow account. It cannot be touched. It will be managed by an accountant. This is the real deal here. I don't mess around. There is too much that could go wrong and put me and my family and my studio/business at risk. We are using 100% of the funds for Petra and the show. There is nothing pocketed. Notta. We will provide a full accounting of the expenses on-line.

Those who pay in for a ticket to the show will get a receipt/ticket for the show. If the show does not happen, then you get all of your money back. If you can give more and invite a friend, fine. Who cares? As long as the number of people in your party matches the dollars on the ticket, you are good. If someone does not show up that you have paid for, that's too bad.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:20 am

Well I am in.
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

WHERE?

Post by JMBJR72 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:39 am

Where would be?
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

re:

Post by pmal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:58 am

Yep. Where and when?
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:30 am

Not sure where you're planning on finding 500 people. I'm not even sure that 50 people are regularly active on this board.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:20 am

I am not sure either. But this is not the only place that it will be publicized. If there aren't 500 people nationwife that are willing to travel to a central location, then there is no reason to ever discuss it again.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief

Post by Shell » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:42 am

Er...Has anybody bothered to talk with the guys to find out if this is something they would want?

I would love to see a reunion concert, but what I want and what they might want could be two different things.
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

GIVE

Post by JMBJR72 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:52 am

I am will to pay $50 to see Petra. We may just Petra!
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 am

come on people
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Shell wrote:Er...Has anybody bothered to talk with the guys to find out if this is something they would want?

I would love to see a reunion concert, but what I want and what they might want could be two different things.
The only way that we will get them to consider the show is if we go with the thing completely paid for and planned. We will remove all of the excuses and concerns on the front side. They will need to consider only their intrapersonal issues.

For all of those that say that it can't be done, I say this: Don't ever tell me that something cannot be done, because you are merely bothering me while I am doing it. If you want to be a part, buy in. If you don't, don't. Your lack of participation will speak for you.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:28 pm

danielaussie wrote:come on people
We will see if people REALLY want it. If they don't, and nobody buys in, then we really have no reason to continue posting here, moaning about the band, the glory days, and disgusing the member's termoil. This is the chance to make it happen.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

agree

Post by pmal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:51 pm

I agree. The Petra concert in 2008 proves that if the concert is prepaid for, then it could happen. Granted that was also for a good cause so the ministry aspect cannot be void nor should it be. Now, when you are talking about the "Dream Team" being there then that is also another matter but I believe it could happen under the right circumstances and part of that would be a deal where money wasn't the issue.
brent wrote: The only way that we will get them to consider the show is if we go with the thing completely paid for and planned. We will remove all of the excuses and concerns on the front side. They will need to consider only their intrapersonal issues.

For all of those that say that it can't be done, I say this: Don't ever tell me that something cannot be done, because you are merely bothering me while I am doing it. If you want to be a part, buy in. If you don't, don't. Your lack of participation will speak for you.
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

btw

Post by pmal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:07 pm

This proves it can be done by fans alone: Nascar driver gets $100,000 in donations so that he can run a race where he normally can't run.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:26 pm

I'd commit to $50 and possibly more, even if I couldn't make it to the concert.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Dan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Kansas is central...

We need a committee
0 x