What will the next CD be like?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
LexingtonPethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1984

What will the next CD be like?

Post by LexingtonPethead » Thu May 06, 2004 9:32 pm

Well, fellow Petheads, believe it or not, we're going on a year since the release of Jekyll & Hyde. I know some of us are privy to information(unfortunately, I am not), so I'll ask... does anyone know when Petra might be heading back to the studio to work on a new project?

When they do start working on the next project, I hope they continue the modern rock sound. Now that they reinvented their sound with Jekyll & Hyde, another modern rock CD with perhaps a fuller sound would be a great follow-up.

Equally important, it seems, would be for them to bring out a new CD sooner than later to try to ride the wave of rekindled enthusiasm they created with Jekyll & Hyde.
0 x

superfly
Pethead
Pethead

a new cd would be cool...

Post by superfly » Fri May 07, 2004 6:42 am

I would love the next cd to have a sound that would sound like a natural progression from J&H. More instrumental breaks, some classic sounding songs in the vein of Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows with swapping acoustic and electric parts, and background vocals that encompass more harmony. Actually, the vocal parts are the only thing I miss about the Elefantes. But most importantly, keep Bob writing the tunes and let the complete band play on the album...that would be great! Realistically though, if there is another album to come out I wouldn't expect it for another year...next spring. We Petheads have proven ourselves patient, so we can wait it out. :)
Later all!
0 x

BriGuyPEI
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1989

BGVs

Post by BriGuyPEI » Fri May 07, 2004 7:10 am

Actually, I thought that the BGVs on J&H were more reminiscent of the Elefante era than the ones on Revival. There was the return of the "aaahhAHHahhh" type BGV. Also, they had different voices, instead of the 'layers and layers of John' that we got on Revival. I prefer the richer texture of different voices.

Also, if they want to promote the fact that this current incarnation of the band is gelling well and will be around for a while, why not have Greg and Paul play on the album too?

But yes, I hope they continue in the new/old direction of J&H.

Oh, and make the album more than half an hour long. Bring back the guitar solos![/quote]
0 x

Peter_B
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Peter_B » Fri May 07, 2004 8:26 am

How about the next album be the concert at Oakhill Campground with Original Petra and current Petra? If this were to happen, as a patient Pethead, I could wait out a new album much longer than next spring.
0 x
Yours,
Peter B.

"Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven."

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

peter

Post by epdc » Fri May 07, 2004 12:30 pm

oh yes we would :D

One of things I really hope for is that CD be more than 31 minutes :P

by the way, WELCOME TO THE ZONE PETER :D
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

new cd

Post by pmal » Fri May 07, 2004 3:57 pm

Take Jekyll and Hyde's sound and add a combination of the music type of Sanctus Real, Jonah33, Seven Places, Third Day (Wire CD is great), and Sky Harbor, and you'll have a hit.
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

spottacus
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by spottacus » Fri May 07, 2004 4:47 pm

I just hope they keep rocking and let Bob solo.
0 x
www.myspace.com/fisticmystic

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Re: What will the next CD be like?

Post by Kirkman » Mon May 10, 2004 2:01 pm

LexingtonPethead wrote:Well, fellow Petheads, believe it or not, we're going on a year since the release of Jekyll & Hyde. I know some of us are privy to information(unfortunately, I am not), so I'll ask... does anyone know when Petra might be heading back to the studio to work on a new project?

Well, technically they just came OUT of the studio, working on the vocals for J&H En Espa�ol!

But I agree, I can't wait for their next album, especially if they continue moving musically in the same direction.

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

MichaeLeah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by MichaeLeah » Mon May 10, 2004 8:51 pm

I think Josh is right. Petra just got out of the studio. They will be touring for a good while before they go back into the studio. Another album probably won't be released until at least a year from now.

The idea of releasing a live album is nice though--I am talking about the upcoming reunion concert. It would make a wonderful double LP: one disc of old Petra, one disc of new. Can't beat that!

Michael
0 x

Corval
Pethead
Pethead

Hi

Post by Corval » Sat May 15, 2004 7:23 am

I agree with Joshua

I think...
Maybe petra records an album only in 2005 or more.
J&H revivals petra, although they was always good to me.

I love 'No doubt', GOD FIXATION, PP2, DOUBLE TAKE, REVIVAL AS OLD ALBUNS TOO.

I have non-believers friend in Brazil and they admire PETRA'S SOUND EVOLUTION during the years.

Sometimes we do not gice the rigth value. In my opinion, God Fixation is excelent combining acoustic, epihone guitars. I love all the albuins from PETRA.

AND I LOVE J&H. I am always listening..and I am one guy who preferus slow songs..But I love heavy too.

I hope they will do a great cd...But it must be longer, with power vocals...
And i miss keyboards. Ok..For J&H is perfect. But PETRA always rediscoverd their sound.

So, I am not worry. Next album with ou without kiss..will be a blessing

Artur
0 x
Be happy