Coming Clean

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
PetfanInCt
Pethead
Pethead

Coming Clean

Post by PetfanInCt » Mon May 10, 2004 12:55 pm

I have come to the realization that I have a problem. I knew I could come here and talk about it and get support and understanding. It seems I am addicted to Petra...I listen to them in my home stereo, portable stereo, and car stereo. My kids seem to be effected now as they are singing to the songs off of Jekyll and Jyde as well as other songs off of other albums.

I prayed and I know I have to be honest with myself about this, can anybody here relate... :wink:
0 x
Thinking if I could see I would believe, then somebody said Believe and you will see.

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

yes

Post by executioner » Mon May 10, 2004 2:27 pm

Yes we all can relate. I think what has drawn me to them for so many years is I know where their hearts are, unlike most other CCM artists in todays market.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Peter_B
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Peter_B » Mon May 10, 2004 3:41 pm

:wink: Yes, hello? My name is Peter and I'm also a Petraholic. It all started way back in the early-80's with "Not of this World." From there I went live with "Captured in Time and Space." I heard the other songs and had to have the other GXV albums. I was saddened when GXV left the band, but recovered once I heard "Back to the Street." Today, I have it all from "Petra" to "J & H." I can't shake Petra. I listen to it on the sterio, on the computer, in the car. Even in my dreams, I swear I can hear the melodic sounds of "Mountains and Valleys" or "Falling Up." I've even wanted to name one of two daughters Petra when they were born, but my wife wouldn't hear of it. Just as well. I started listening to them when I was a young teen and now I am in my 30's and won't give them up. I'm a Pethead and proud of it! :D
0 x
Yours,
Peter B.

"Never perfect, but perfectly forgiven."

jasonf
Pethead
Pethead

I'M Also Addicted

Post by jasonf » Mon May 10, 2004 7:01 pm

I AM A PETRAHOLIC AS WELL
MY KIDS ALSO LOVE THEM
APART FROM HILLSONG AND CCC MUSIC PETRA IS ALL I LISTEN TO
PLEASE DO I ALSO NEED HELP?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOD BLESS
JASON
0 x

PetraFan007
Pethead
Pethead

Post by PetraFan007 » Mon May 10, 2004 8:44 pm

I used to be...
But I've since ventured into other realms of Christian music such as heavy metal, thrash metal, speed metal, and even some death metal. Also, I like some pop/rock and modern rock. :-D
0 x

MichaeLeah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by MichaeLeah » Mon May 10, 2004 9:01 pm

I think you just like every kind of music with the word "metal" in it. Watch out for that last type of metal--sounds like it might be kind of deadly. Just an impression.

I love to listen to Petra too, but I don't listen to them exclusively. They are the best Christian band without question--but it is nice to hear a variety of music. A little blues...some jazz...well, I do live in New Orleans.

Michael
0 x

Pethead1
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Pethead1 » Mon May 10, 2004 10:31 pm

Sooooooooo, what does this mean? That we, the Petheads have a proublem (not the one about my spelling) I always thought it was the nonPetheads who had the proublem.

Like I took the boys to see Jeremy Camp last night and I got bord and went to the car and put in JAH. I will not tell you how maney people came to my car to listlen, but they came with there kids too. We all said if Petra was there Buford would realy rock and we would show the snot nosed brats a thing or two.And WE have a proublem? Never.Ever.

And to prove we are just fine my Parrot,Kerment, LOVES JAH. He also likes Lucas McGraw.

Got to go get a fix.... I ment to say turn on the CD player.
0 x
Those asleep will be awakened
Not a one will be forsaken.

MichaeLeah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by MichaeLeah » Mon May 10, 2004 11:08 pm

Don't worry, I wasn't criticizing Petra. I have a full set of Petra albums (including En Alabanza). They all go for a spin quite frequently. It is not unusual for me to listen to every album in one day. I am a Pethead. I listen to Petra a lot, a whole alot. I was just saying I don't exclusively listen to Petra. I am not saying I listen to everything else either. I only listen to particularly good music. Right now I am listening to Fantasia. See, I listen to lots of stuff, but only the best stuff...like Petra.

Michael
0 x

Petrafan4life79
Pethead
Pethead

I admit...

Post by Petrafan4life79 » Tue May 11, 2004 4:27 am

I have the same problem, too.

Do they have counseling for this addiction? :shock:
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

i think

Post by epdc » Tue May 11, 2004 12:35 pm

metal is cool 8)

I`m a petraholic too LOLOL.

I also listen other bands as well ya know , bands that I truly like but Petra has an special place in my heart, ya know what I mean. I might know or will know "better" or "different" (that depends of each one) bands than Petra but Petra was the first rock christian band I met, and is jus that "we have this whole history together" HAHAHAHA ya know.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue May 11, 2004 8:52 pm

Well, Petra isn't the only band I listen to, :wink: but they're special to me to.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed May 12, 2004 4:17 pm

I've even wanted to name one of two daughters Petra when they were born, but my wife wouldn't hear of it.
I went to school with a named PETRA (it's pronounced PAY-trah)... in fact, her father named a street after her here in town: Petra Lane.

I've always wanted to get a shot of that with John leaning against the street sign, but there never seemed to be enough time.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed May 12, 2004 6:12 pm

Petra is a perfectly fine name for a female; I've known of a couple of girls named Petra. I don't know that I'd actually go so far as to name my daughter Petra though. :wink:
0 x

Jonathan
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
Official Petrazone Spokesman.
#1 Album: More Power To Ya
Pethead since: 1991

great

Post by Jonathan » Sat May 15, 2004 11:48 am

Ooh...I can't live without Petrahol.
0 x
"...We bent our backs and pulled the oars to the beat of Louie's solo..."

Petrapraise
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1983

Post by Petrapraise » Sat May 15, 2004 4:47 pm

The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem.

Listen to 2 Petra CD's and call me in the morning.

P.S. > My wife has learned to live with my "addiction".
0 x
[b]PLEASE VISIT:[/b] [url]https://www.facebook.com/Petrapraise/[/url]
Friend 'PETRAPRAISE' at Facebook.