FYI: Unseen power on vinyl

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

FYI: Unseen power on vinyl

Post by p-freak » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:46 am

I was highly surprised when I found on eBay a vinyl copy of Unseen power a few months ago. I bought it and last week it arrived!! I didn't even know this existed. The LP has been released in Brazil in 1994. I thought vinyl was by that time almost ancient. But hey, you never know. I now have all Petra album on vinyl from Petra (1974) till Unseen power (1991), including the greatest hits album Petra means rock. Just FYI.
0 x

PetraFan007
Pethead
Pethead

wow

Post by PetraFan007 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:03 am

Wow. Vinyl in the 90s? craaaaazy. Nice find, p-freak!
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

fyi

Post by executioner » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:10 am

In foreign countries it is still common to find vinyl, but they haven't made any for the states since the late 80's and it was all ready getting sarce.
BTW cassette tapes are all but gone. Most Record Co. do not manufacturing them anymore, and VHS is also on the way out. There are some Blockbusters in Texas that do not offer VHS for rentals or sales. My Tivo is great and I haven't used my VCR since I got Tivo in the fall.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Hehehehehe

Post by Shell » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:10 pm

Some of us have to be dragged into the 21st Century I guess...I haven't had my DVD player that long. I like my old tapes. And my old vinyl records. LOL.
0 x

joe
Pethead
Pethead

Post by joe » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:55 pm

i have somes tapes of Petra like unseen Power, Beyond Belief, Petra, Come on and join us, washes water than, alls are original. in the beginng oj 90`s years i found Lp`s. Petra, White Cross, Amy Grant, and anothers releases from 90�s years. 8)
0 x
stand in the gap

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

executioner

Post by epdc » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:49 pm

you have a point there. here in mexico, for example, we don`t use vinil anymore but you can still find find vinil recorders ya know and the tapes (music tapes) are still very common (though cd`s are taking place), and in blockbuster we still have vhs and in an small corner BETA TAPES!!!!! (I have a Beta vcr by the way hehehe) and in another corner the dvd tapes.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

Michael
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Beta

Post by Michael » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:09 pm

Hey, don't diss on Beta too hard... it has always been a technologically-superior format. In fact, if you can find CITS on Beta, that would be a better source for a DVD than VHS would. :)
0 x
[url]http://www.GuideToPetra.com[/url] - [url]http://www.ScriptureMenu.com[/url]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TulsaMJ/?chartstyle=BasicPetraZone2][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/BasicPetraZone2/recenttracks/TulsaMJ.gif[/img][/url]

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:07 pm

Speaking of Beta, I did a blonde thing and bid on Captured In Time And Space video. After I place the bid, I noticed it was Beta. Anybody want a CITAS video in Beta format? I don't even know why I bid because I have it on VHS.
0 x

Jackie
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Jackie » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:59 pm

p-freak,

it is not that easy to find vinyl in brazil. so ur lucky! (i know some teenagers that don't even know what a vinyl is.)

but there are some old ppl that love to collects vinyl as a hobby, that's why a record company (BOMPASTOR) manufactured some petra albums on vinyl (and VHS too) just for collectors.

like u, a friend of my friend has many petra albums on vinyl, including "beat the system" that came out in 93 (by bompastor).

in fact, there are some petra CDs (Best-of's) that only exist in brazil. tks to bompastor.

now, i guess i will aks them to find a way to re-release "revival" on DVD. i was told that there were not many made, and there are none available to buy.

u see, sometimes it's easier to find an album on vinyl than a petra dvd...
Last edited by Jackie on Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

doug

Post by epdc » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:35 pm

sigh and double sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to have it because i have a beta vcr :D but I don`t think I can`t afford it right now, I would tell you "save it for me `cause I`ll pay you for it" but I just don`t know when would I be able to because I have had some stuff to buy or pay lately. SIGH, MAN, I WANNA CRY.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

michael

Post by epdc » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:39 pm

oh, no way!! I love betas!!!! the little videotapes look so cute beside my vhs ones :D and the gigantic and iron beta vcr looks amazing beside the tiny and plastic vhs vcr :D
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:33 am

epdc, it's yours as a gift. E-mail me your address and I can ship it to you. It is just sitting here collecting dust. May as well go to someone who can enjoy it.

I can ship it out next week, if you want. I am leaving town until Monday p.m. so I can probably take care of it next week.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

DOUG

Post by epdc » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:25 am

I just sent you a message, let me know when you get it.

OH MY GOSH, I`m still in shock, THANK *YOU* SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I`M SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

String
Pethead
Pethead

Post by String » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:43 pm

Hey, like I said, it is just sitting here collecting dust. I'd be honored if I could find a good home for it.

It likes to be sung to sleep to Not Of This World, needs to be fed at least three times a day...make sure you burp it and change it's diapers after every meal. Rub it's tummy if it cries.

Wait, that is something else. :)

Enjoy!!
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Hehehe.

Post by Shell » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:45 pm

That's a pretty good description of my youngest nephew who joined us in April. LOL.
0 x