Greg & Paul

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
GGking
Pethead
Pethead

Greg & Paul

Post by GGking » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:13 am

Hi fellow Petheads,

last saturday I saw Petra in Holland, and they were excellent again.
J&H rocks!!!!!!!!!!
I was pretty impressed by Paul and Greg on drum and bass, great rhytm section! I've tried to find out what these two have been doing before they joined. Any idea?
Also, I was dissapointed to see them without keyboards, because it's been an essential part of their sound for over 25 years! Any idea why they don't have one any more?

Godbless
GG
0 x

brainchild
Pethead
Pethead

Post by brainchild » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:23 pm

When Bob Hartman decided to get involved again (touring), he basically 'cleaned house' and consolidated everything into a foursome. I know John had doubts about that originally because Petra has always been '5.' I agree PETRA needs keys live! It's an integral part of their sound. I believe one of the reasons Bob chose this direction also had to do with the 'revolving door' of band members. I haven't seen them live in years but I simply can't imagine alot of the hits being done live without keys. Having said that, I'm sure they would deliver a great show regardless!
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

re

Post by epdc » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:45 pm

they played creed once without keyboards and bob handled it very well :D the song still sounded cool.
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios