A Very Special Christmas Present... from Petra

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:06 pm

JMBJR72 wrote:To answer your question see the interview John did for New Years Eve!
which part?
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Post by JMBJR72 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Regarding Louie!
John does not even talk to him and John said it has been a while with Ronny! So dont expect Louie playing Drums and by sound of it dont epect a reunion either.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Sue, can we completely rule out Louie?
Completely.
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:28 pm

JMBJR72 wrote:Regarding Louie!
John does not even talk to him and John said it has been a while with Ronny! So dont expect Louie playing Drums and by sound of it dont epect a reunion either.
Take a deep breath, we will get through this. :lol:
0 x

corolla1
Pethead
Pethead

Post by corolla1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:19 am

Kirkman wrote:
corolla1 wrote:
Edward wrote: VE did not do well compared to a Petra record. It did ok for being all indie with basic grass roots marketing. Way under 10k, maybe way under 5k sounds closer. Maybe Sue knows. They have a bunch of em' left last I heard. J&H did 50k? Really? I would be surprised.
I thought Josh from petrarocksmyworld.com mentioned on a post that Petra sold 40K of Revival and 40-45k of J&H. He would have to clarify that of course. I may be mistaken, it was a few years ago.
Yes, I did get album sales information from Inpop in May 2005:

* Revival- 49890
* Jekyll & Hyde - 45324
* Jekyll & Hyde En Espanol - 434

The numbers would be higher now, five years later, but I have no idea how much higher.

--Josh
Thanks Josh. I thought you discussed this with us a while back. BTW, I visited your site a few days ago and I found out my account wasn't available anymore. I guess I have to redo it again. Take care. :)
0 x

Kirkman
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Kirkman » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:22 pm

corolla1 wrote: Thanks Josh. I thought you discussed this with us a while back. BTW, I visited your site a few days ago and I found out my account wasn't available anymore. I guess I have to redo it again. Take care. :)
I have been having a small but steady stream of spambots registering accounts on the messageboard, so I've been deleting accounts that I'm uncertain about.

If you create a new one, make sure to post something legit, that way I'll know not to mess with you. :)

--Josh
0 x
[url=http://petrarocksmyworld.com][img]http://www.petrarocksmyworld.com/ads/rocks_ban2.gif[/img][/url]
[b]Petra Rocks My World[/b] -- [i]a site for fans across the globe[/i]! With song lyrics, interviews, newsletter, messageboard, chat room, and more!

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:13 pm

sue d. wrote:
Sue, can we completely rule out Louie?
Completely.
Heaven may be the only place to see/hear Louie and Ronnie with Petra again. I would be willing to bet my right foot that this will never happen on earth. RIP dream team.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: Petra

Post by brent » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:15 pm

JMBJR72 wrote:I know there was a u tube of a Petra reunion of Bob, John,Johnny,Ronny and Louie. Does anyone who put that up? Too bad he or she did not have any pull
You cannot pull what does not want to be pulled. That's all I will say about that whole situation.
0 x

shawnpfan01
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan01 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:42 pm

So do John and Louie hate each other??
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:44 pm

That is a question best answered by them.
0 x

shawnpfan01
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan01 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:50 pm

Will the truth ever come out about what went down between them? Since we are all claiming to be christians, shouldn't we tell the truth and just get it out so people will quite wondering what happened?
0 x

shawnpfan01
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan01 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:53 pm

The Bible does say that the truth shall set you free.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:57 pm

shawnpfan01 wrote:Will the truth ever come out about what went down between them? Since we are all claiming to be christians, shouldn't we tell the truth and just get it out so people will quite wondering what happened?
I have shared what they both told me. This is a topic I do not care to revisit. It has been six years or so since it happened. The band is done. It really doesn't matter.

We are to speak truth, but only the truth we are empowered to share.
0 x

shawnpfan01
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan01 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:01 pm

brent wrote:
shawnpfan01 wrote:Will the truth ever come out about what went down between them? Since we are all claiming to be christians, shouldn't we tell the truth and just get it out so people will quite wondering what happened?
I have shared what they both told me. This is a topic I do not care to revisit. It has been six years or so since it happened. The band is done. It really doesn't matter.

We are to speak truth, but only the truth we are empowered to share.
I know that it dosen't matter anymore, but I do still wonder.
Maybe one day Bob or John will write a tell all book.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Haha, I can't picture John or Bob writing a tell-all. This seems to be the topic that never goes away, but shawnpfan hasn't been around as long as the rest of us have, so it's not unreasonable for him to wonder.

Really, though, I doubt the rest of us would be willing to share everything that goes on between family members, friends or coworkers with everyone, so it's not fair to expect them to.

I will say (and no, I haven't discussed it with any of the band members, so I don't know any more than anyone else) that as with most situations there was probably right and wrong on the part of everyone involved. That's usually the case with conflict.

Sometimes it is just better for people not to work together, and if they choose not to for whatever reason, that's their business.
0 x