A Very Special Christmas Present... from Petra

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
shawnpfan01
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan01 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

For the record, I have not been a member on the zone for very long, but I have been on here a lot in the past and have read a lot of stuff just never able to post because for a long time I did not have internet at home and always had to go to the library to use the internet, so that is my story on that.
0 x

separateunion
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by separateunion » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:04 am

brent wrote:
shawnpfan01 wrote:Will the truth ever come out about what went down between them? Since we are all claiming to be christians, shouldn't we tell the truth and just get it out so people will quite wondering what happened?
I have shared what they both told me. This is a topic I do not care to revisit. It has been six years or so since it happened. The band is done. It really doesn't matter.

We are to speak truth, but only the truth we are empowered to share.
Not to mention that gossip is usually truth. That doesn't mean it's okay to gossip just because we are talking about true facts.
0 x
"Daylight, save me..."

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:26 am

So do John and Louie hate each other??
Speaking for John: Of course he doesn't hate Louie. John has said many times in public that he holds no ill will towards Louie and wishes him and his family all the best.

He simply has chosen not to work with him again.

There is no secret brewha or happening that's being kept hidden. Just like a divorce, there usually is no big blowup event but simply a long progression of tension that finally has to break.

Petra was what it was and everyone has moved on.
0 x

shawnpfan01
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan01 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 am

I understand, but it would be nice to see them at some point down the road at least be able to talk to each other again, they don't have to hang out together and have dinner every night but at least be able to speak to one another.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:57 am

Oh, they've talked to each other already. They have been sociable & cordial to each other.
0 x

shawnpfan01
Pethead
Pethead

Post by shawnpfan01 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:21 pm

Good to hear.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Louie

Post by gman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Not to change the subject, but this reminds me of something that may have caused some tension after the fact. I saw Petra perform with David Lichens. It was a double bill with Whiteheart before they officially rolled out the Salt Box tour. Louie was rockin it during Praying Man. I don't know who's fault it was, but the rest of the band drifted about a whole beat off from Louie and he actually had to stop to hear where the band was and rejoin them. He didn't look pleased. I was surprised. That's rare for any professional act. Paul Simmons wasn't perfect, but Bob did a nice job of staying with him.
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:40 pm

separateunion wrote:Not to mention that gossip is usually truth. That doesn't mean it's okay to gossip just because we are talking about true facts.
The problem with gossip is that although there may be an element of truth in it, it tends to get distorted as it's passed along from person to person; that's what happens with secondhand information. Even the parties involved directly will have different perspectives, so it can get complicated trying to sort out facts. Good rule of thumb: Don't say things about other people you wouldn't be willing to say to their face.

And really, don't we all have people we used to be friends with or work with where that's not the case any longer? It would be wonderful to always be on good terms with people you were friends with at one time but that's not always going to be the case. The fact that it's still being discussed after all this time does say something about where we're at too. There were some good things that happened with that situation, the Farewell lineup was very good.

As for the concert where there was a problem with timing, that's bound to happen sometimes. :wink:
Last edited by Shell on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

JMBJR72
Pethead
Pethead

Post by JMBJR72 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Sue, I am glad that you set the record straight. I am glad that John & Louie have talked.
0 x