Prayer for internationals / backsliding Christians on campus

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
seichu kaisho
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Prayer for internationals / backsliding Christians on campus

Post by seichu kaisho » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:36 pm

I know quite a few Christians who are probably such. Pray that they will see their sins with shame and disgust, and turn away. Pray for the mercy and grace of Jesus to cover them. Pray for the believers not to be ashamed of their faith around non-believers, especially the believers whom are involved in the School of Music, where there is so much sin - and pressure to sin. Pray that lovely thoughts of God would occupy their minds every day, and that they would willingly submit to God's will. As we know, whoever does so will receive more abundance of blessings. But whoever doesn't know this is missing out - so pray that they will know. I really want them to share in the same happiness that I have. Repentance is such an easy thing to do, but hard to find out about, or want to do, for most people.

Another prayer request: it's coming to the end of the semester, and many of the international students will be going back to their countries. Pray for God to keep them safe. Pray that they will go back to their homelands having learned so much more about Jesus than they did before they came to the U.S. Pray that they can evade the pressure of the common religions in their countries - no matter what their friends and families think. May they realize that Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. are crazy lies from the devil that won't help anyone get to heaven. In no way does it have to be that where anyone grew up determines what they believe. I've been hearing about growing percentages of Christians in Africa and Asia, and that is extremely consoling.

Jesus promises to do these things if we ask them in His name. Maybe there'll be a spiritual revival on the UNI campus; ya never know.
0 x
[i]shokai chusei!![/i]