Ink & Blood Exhibit! Absolutely Awesome!

A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
SolidRockStrength
Pethead
Pethead

Ink & Blood Exhibit! Absolutely Awesome!

Post by SolidRockStrength » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:05 am

I wanted to share with you an exhibit that is currently in Lexington, Kentucky that my wife and I went to. It is called Ink and Blood: the Dead Sea Scrolls to the English Bible and it is Fabulous. It is a history fan's dream exibit. I was absolutely blessed to get to attend this exhibit. If it comes to your area please check this out. It is Fantastic! Here is the link to the website and below is an overview from the website.

http://www.inkandblood.com/index.php

A dramatic exhibition of authentic Dead Sea Scroll fragments, manuscripts and rare Bibles gathered from around the world to tell the story of the most printed book in history�the Bible in English.
Authentic Dead Sea Scroll fragments are just one part of an extraordinary display of rare ancient Biblical manuscripts and historic Bibles traveling the country. This once-in-a-lifetime exhibit, known officially as Ink & Blood: Dead Sea Scrolls to the English Bible, contains fragments from the Dead Sea Scrolls, including portions of Genesis and Isaiah, and numerous Bibles including a medieval manuscript Wyclif Bible from the 15th Century, the first translation of the Holy Book into English.

As the name of the exhibit implies � the Bible has been spread through the diligence of scribes and the blood of martyrs.
Some of the other rare items include several 5,000-year-old pictographic clay tablets from ancient Mesopotamia, the earliest form of writing in history, and a 2,600-year-old scroll containing the oldest known Hebrew writing on papyrus in the world and the earliest known written example of the Hebrew name for God, Elohim. The exhibit also features a working replica of Gutenberg's press, the greatest invention of the millennium, as well as on-site historians, multimedia presentations and scheduled lectures given by visiting scholars.

This dramatic collection of authentic artifacts, Jewish and Medieval manuscripts, and rare Reformation Bibles from around the world comes together to tell a unique story seldom told�the complete history of the Bible, focusing on the Bible in English. "I believe the story of the Bible is intriguing, educational, and moving," says Dr. William H. Noah, Ink & Blood Curator.
0 x
Shalom Aleikhem!

Habakkuk 3:19
The ELOHIM ADONAI is my Strength!