A place for Petra fans to discuss other topics
rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Easter 2012

Post by rexreed » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:28 am

I hope you all are able spend today with the people you care about!
0 x

LivingRock
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1993

Re: Easter 2012

Post by LivingRock » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:47 pm

My Easter was awesome, my family spent the evening with a new Pethead friend, cranking all the best tunes for a couple of hours! Also thanks to this Pethead friend, I was finally able to complete my Petra collection with the one item I had never been able to find... the original "Petra" cassette! What a blessing! I hope everyone else had as rewarding a day!
0 x
"Pethead" is not a title. It's a way of life.

http://pathofthecarpenter.blogspot.ca/

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Well, I'm glad some people are having a good Easter.

I'm a hotel night auditor/desk clerk. We had two front desk clerks just up and quit within a day of each other. One no called no showed, and the other texted the manager and told her she quit. Since we're short staffed, the manager and I have been splitting the B shift (3pm-11 pm)...she works 4 hours longer, and I come in 4 hours earlier. So instead of working my normal 11pm-7am shift, I'm pulling 12 hours 7pm-7am for the last few days.

I came home Easter Sunday morning, did laundry, ate three bowls of Honeycomb cereal, then went to bed. Got up at 9pm and now I'm at work...thank God we're not busy. I'm spinning II Guys From Petra in the CD player as I type this.
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:16 am

Hey Saint...what is it with people? I don't get it. This is a time when work is hard to come by, and people act like this? We have the same problems more or less. We get all kinds of people wanting to work, and some of them have the chops and training and are employable. It doesn't take long for them to give excuses why they can't. Techs are the worst. They b and moan about not having money, yet they will not come to work during normal business hours, and they talk too much when they do come in. Some people are different birds. If there is work for me to do, I will take it, whether I have time for it or not. I likes me some green and Jesus, my cosmic banker, is not droppin' money from duh' sky.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Post by executioner » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:18 am

About 2.5 yrs ago my wife & I started a small cleaning business and God has blessed us with a overwhelming amount of clients, but it has been next to impossible to find anyone willing to do the job the right way. I'm paying $12 per hour and still can't find the right people. We have about 40 regular clients and do about 3-5 move in/out one timers a week. We have 3 full time employees with my wife cleaning a couple a week, plus one illegal that does the move in/out one timers for us. I'm ashamed to say but the illegal runs circles around us all, and is always on time and wants more work. She is the most reliable employee we have and knows of a lot of others that want work. We have set her up with an ITIN# so she is paying her taxes and such, but this puts me in an ethical battle because our quality suffers greatly with the other 3 employees and I want to give my clients the highest quality for their money; I know I would expect the same. What to do?
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:18 am

I can't find anyone to work for me either, guess people don't need money anymore.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:42 am

Dan wrote:I can't find anyone to work for me either, guess people don't need money anymore.
They don't need to work when they have Obama and his cronies giving out more hand outs than any other administration combined in the history of the U.S.A. Why should they work if they have someone willing to give it out for free?
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:00 am

True. In one of those Obama money videos, a black dude was interviewed, claiming he hadn't working in nearly ten years, he deserved the government's money because he is black, and his ancestors helped build this country, because they were slaves. He said that he would not take a job even if one was offered to him. He asked, "Why shouldn't I get all of the benefits the government has to offer?"

I have an idea. If you are on the government teet, then you should be required to work on government projects. You should have to pick up trash, volunteer at shelters, schools, etc. You should be subject to a physical, drug tests and then given an exit date for assistance. If you are a legit hardship, then you are. If you are an able bodied person, you should work.

Physically able people, who refuse to work while on assistance, should be required to serve in the military. They need to be productive. I would rather lazy liars get killed than some smart, college bound, driven, kid with something to offer society.

Here is a controversial one. People on assistance should not be allowed to procreate. If they cannot afford to provide for themselves, it should be a crime to for society to provide for them, because they feel like screwing to get a check. Yes, I said it. It happens. I see it. My wife sees it at her school. If the moms are single and pregnant, they get more assistance. The system is broken and bleeding liberal checks we cannot cash. Time to put limits on things that are uncomfortable to limit. We obviously cannot handle ourselves.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 am

Wait. Nobody is bashing the poor. I am bashing the thieves, wanting money because of the color of their skin, and refusing to work, because they think another cat with the same color of skin is going to give them free money. I am bashing a system that fails to hold thieves accountable. Some people are born with more limitations than others. Some people will not be able to be anything but poor.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Matthew RJ wrote:If the system did hold people accountable, would you still supporting the government caring for the poor?

I've got it, here is your commander-in-chief's Easter Message. Please excuse the Muslim content where he prays to Allah.
For millions of Americans, this weekend is a time to celebrate redemption at God’s hand. Tonight, Jews will gather for a second Seder, where they will retell the story of the Exodus. And tomorrow, my family will join Christians around the world as we thank God for the all-important gift of grace through the resurrection of His son, and experience the wonder of Easter morning.

These holidays have their roots in miracles that took place thousands of years ago. They connect us to our past and give us strength as we face the future. And they remind us of the common thread of humanity that connects us all.

For me, and for countless other Christians, Easter weekend is a time to reflect and rejoice. Yesterday, many of us took a few quiet moments to try and fathom the tremendous sacrifice Jesus made for all of us. Tomorrow, we will celebrate the resurrection of a savior who died so that we might live.

And throughout these sacred days, we recommit ourselves to following His example. We rededicate our time on Earth to selflessness, and to loving our neighbors. We remind ourselves that no matter who we are, or how much we achieve, we each stand humbled before an almighty God.

Christ’s triumph over death holds special meaning for Christians. But all of us, no matter how or whether we believe, can identify with elements of His story. The triumph of hope over despair. Of faith over doubt. The notion that there is something out there that is bigger than ourselves.

These beliefs help unite Americans of all faiths and backgrounds. They shape our values and guide our work. They put our lives in perspective.

So to all Christians celebrating the Resurrection with us, Michelle and I want to wish you a blessed and Happy Easter. And to all Americans, I hope you have a weekend filled with joy and reflection, focused on the things that matter most. God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.
Talk is nothing to me or to God for that matter; I want to see him walk it.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 pm

He panders to gays, lesbians, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, etc when it suits him. He has been video taped talking about his Muslim education and saying the prayers. You do not just change from Muslim to Christianity without consequences. All of the books written about Obama's father and mother do not relay that they wanted to raise Obama to be a Christian. He morphed his version of it on his own much later, and we all know who he sat in the pew listening to for 20 years. Obama said that he did not agree with the teachings. Well, why did he stay and subject his children to it? He believed it.
0 x