0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: My New Pizza Hut Blog

Post by executioner » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:00 am

Ok so why hate Pizza Hut? Out of the national chains they are about the best; Papa John's is horrible and Dominio's uses way too much garlic for their crust. We nornally order Durkin's or Brooklyn's Finest, but if we have coupons we will go for Pizza Hut.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:27 am

Pizza Hut is good for what it is. My wife and daughter love the breadsticks. I get a hankering for it every know and again. I like that you can get it on the go for a snack at travel plaza's, truck stops, Target, etc.
My favorite chain is Hungry Howie's, but they are not as widespread as some of the others.
I haven't bought a chain pie in awhile, and it's been years since I last bought a frozen pizza.
I usually make my own, or buy from one of our favorite local pizzerias. NJ is home for me, so I consider the general category of NY/East Coast/Boardwalk style to be real pizza. I also think it's better for you because it's made fresh and doesn't all of the mystery ingredients found in mass produced pizza.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Pizza Hut is not real pizza, we all know that. My issues are service related. The company is structured to be inaccessible, and the people at the bottom pay for it. I feel sorry for the employees that work hard and care.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:46 am

I'm not saying it's the best overall, just better over the other national chains. Our Pizza Hut actually has great service and is one of the reason we continue to order from them; pizza is always on time hot & fresh. I prefer a Durkins over all of them though.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 am

Here in the KC area, we have Minski's, and it is awesome.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 pm

It's just carryout pizza. Nothing to get all worked up over. I really liked it when ph was a sit down wand eat place.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 am

That is what Durkins is eat in/carry out. I like going in sitting down and eating.
0 x

St_Augustines_Pears
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: GOD FIXATION
Pethead since: 1999

Post by St_Augustines_Pears » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:50 am

I love Pizza Hut's all-you-can-eat buffet.
0 x
THOMAS R. LEHMER 6/7/44-2/11/05.

"This journey seems so long, as I await the dawn...all alone and so weary" - Petra's "Over The Horizon"

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:02 am

What some of you do not know is that I used to manage for Pizza Hut of San Diego, back when I lived in CA and was going to school. We had just started converting kitchens and began delivery. Back then, all of the stores had brand new delivery trucks for drivers to use. Drivers did not use their cars very often back then. We had some pretty good product then. I can't remember what it was called now, but we used to make a REAL pie. We rolled our own dough then (it was not a frozen disc that proofs in a pan like it is now), layered toppings and sauce, then put a layer of dough on top. We placed these round, spiraling, iron rings in the top of the pie, to transfer heat to the middle of it in the impinger ovens. We had just converted from the old deck ovens to the conveyer impingers. This WAS a long time ago, eh?. That pie, when it cooked right, was THE bomb-dig-ity! Back in the day, we had a bar. We served all kinds of wine and beer on tap and in bottles. We had a rockin' juke box, and got to pick the music for it ourselves. THAT was cool. What was coolest was, a bunch of us would have paint ball fights, after work, and some of us may or may not have driven the Pizza Hut trucks, shooting each other, and then possibly driving by the TBN studios in Santa Anna, and leaving our mark. Not ME of course. What is the statute of limitations....hmmmm.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:45 am

One of the reasons why I choose not to eat at Burger King now is because I was employed there during high school and I know what goes into making a Whopper and I don't like it.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:04 am

Yes, Real cheese is a brand not a description of what is in the cheese. You never want to eat at little caesars pizza, because over 50 percent of their cheese is actually plastic filler and their meat is not real meat.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:14 am

brent wrote:Yes, Real cheese is a brand not a description of what is in the cheese. You never want to eat at little caesars pizza, because over 50 percent of their cheese is actually plastic filler and their meat is not real meat.
This is why I prefer the local joints making it fresh, and using quality ingredients. I save some money making my own, but probably not much because I stick to buying what I believe gives me an excellent pie, regardless of the cost.
If you really get a hankering for pizza hut, or something similar, which I've been having all week :) , there are enough resources online to pull off your own passable clone using real ingredients.
0 x