Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1983

Re: Stryper question

Post by Mountain Man » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:35 pm

gman wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 am
Just for interesting perspective. I did the math and found that Michael wrote 84% of the songs on all Stryper albums. It's actually probably slightly higher because I did not eliminate songs that were borrowed from other groups, like Shining Star and Peace of Mind. On the songs that had co-writers, there was mostly only one other writer. There were a few with outside writers, but mostly it was either Robert or Oz. I didn't tally them up, but Robert might have more credits than Oz.
It's like Bob and Petra.
0 x

curt
Pethead
Pethead

Post by curt » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:20 am

Michael Sweet on the new bass player:

"He’s a great bass player. He’s got a great look, he’s a great singer. He’s well known and comes from a very successful band and everyone will know who he is. I just can’t announce it at this time. The most important thing about him is he’s a great guy. And we really need someone who’s going to be a team player and just be inspirational and go out there with a smile on their face."

Someone from a very succesful band and whom everyone (at least every Styper fan I suppose) will know... It could be Tracy Ferrie. He is from a very succesful band and since he was a part of the band at an earlier state, everyone will know who he is... Just my guess, though.
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:34 am

https://nashvillepublicity.prezly.com/s ... richardson

Former Firehouse bass player is in.
0 x

John Boy
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya

Post by John Boy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:55 am

Yesterday Stryper announced Perry Richardson (FireHouse, Craig Morgan, Trace Adkins) has been hired as the new bass player.
0 x

John Boy
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: More Power To Ya

Post by John Boy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:56 am

Sorry. I just noticed Brent posted the Perry Richardson announcement. For some reason, his post didn't show up until I posted the news. Strange.
0 x