WHERE'S THE TOUR DATES?

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: JAH
Pethead since: 1980

Re: WHERE'S THE TOUR DATES?

Post by executioner » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:03 am

I remember them doing a huge European tour for PP2 in early 1998. I had a friend stationed in Munich and got to go see the show. I remember him saying it was a great show and it was his first time to see Petra.
0 x
FORGIVE! FORGET! & LET GO!

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:42 pm

So the initial plans for the US Tour didn't come together as they had hoped. Back to the drawing board as they say. They still put together a pretty good world tour for the band and I'm sure they'll reconsider what it's going to take for a US Tour to happen. There is no need to be impatient or gloat over perceived failure or offer the I told you so, this is Petra, we love them and we want the best for them. The best laid plans of mice and men as they say, but God will use them as He sees fit.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Preacherman if your comments are directed at me then let me assure you I am not gloating over this. Nor have I said "I told you so" I am skeptical yes but as I have said many time on here before and will once again I WILL SUPPORT CLASSIC PETRA AND DO SO NOW. BOUGHT NEW CD, OWN EVERY PETRA CD. ATTENDED EVERY PETRA TOUR SINCE 1988. BOUGHT EVERY DVD, LP, ETC..... I guess my mistake was once again speaking anything that can be even taken as negative. I ask for all the only positive speaking
Petra fans to forgive me (That includes those who have never criticized ANYTHING in the history of Petra including David Litchens, Double Take Album, or bandline up changes as well as TBN/ Robert Schuller Appearences etc...) Well if that leaves any fan then I apologize to you if you exist. Sarcasm intended
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:24 pm

I haven't seen any gloating or "I told you so" stuff going on; just someone speaking the truth and facts.
Somethings haven't gone the way ClassicPetra thought it would, but to be honest I think for all that this concerns I think it has gone pretty well; I do feel that management/booking agent seems to be either naive or somewhat out of their realm with press releasing things that are not concrete or factful, but that's not the fault of the band(unless you hired them)
0 x

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Petranite, I didn't mean to offend you. That's just the way it came across to me, sorry if I misunderstood.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

Toby
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1999

Post by Toby » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:28 am

Daniel wrote:
Toby wrote:
Daniel wrote:I know many non US countries will be happy to pay what ever just to get a band from the US over, that's why you see Singapore, Hong Kong and other Asian some European countries with festivals booked, most of the people at these concerts will have never heard of Petra, and may not even know they are a Christian band, all they know is they are American & that is cool to them. Norway and Sweden are the exception they are predominately Christian countries. In a way this is good that people can be reached in Asia, provided there is a translator on hand. The US has higher expectations, they want young cutting edge performances at their festivals. I really hope now that the CD has been pressed on Sony and they have sent copies out to radio stations that the US can get a taste of what Classic Petra has to offer.
Sorry, but I don't agree completly with your opinion about US Bands in Europe. PETRA had always a big christian fanbase in Europe. PETRA can do more money in Europe&Asia than in the US. The Show in Switzerland is not a Festival. It's a hall for 3000 people. Petra played allready there in the 80's and 2004 on the J&H tour. We love bands from the US, but we want good quality. Swiss people are a very critical audience, so we don't take everything which is US-labeled. ;)

I can only talk for Europe. Looking forward to the (Classic) PETRA Show in Zurich!!
That's cool. When Petra played there in the 80's Toby, what tour was it? I am not 100% sure but I think they played in Zurich in 1999? cause I was in Germany at the time and wanted to go.

Ok, here's the list of the shows I know they did in Switzerland. I could be that they played some more shows here. The first show I attended was in 2004.

1985(or 84) - Zurich, Volkshaus (with Greg Volz) - BTS Tour
1993 - Zurich, Hallenstadion (Biggest concert venue in Switzerland for 13'000 people, it was a christian conference)
1995(or 96) - Sporthall Greifensee (near Zurich)
1999 - Festival near Zurich
2004 - Volkshaus, Zurich
2005 - KIFF, Aarau
2005 - Thun (Farewell with two shows)
0 x

bakersfieldpethead
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake-Up Call
Pethead since: 1990

Post by bakersfieldpethead » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Man, I think eveyone needs to take a chill-pill. As soon as someone says one thing around here someone get's their shorts in a bind. For people who live all over the world, we sure fight like we live in the same house.

We've all had something to say about something we don't agree with. But we are here at the zone because we all Love PETRA!!! and we should all Love GOD!!!! and that means we should all Love EACH OTHER!!!!

Now quit fighting or everyone is going to their room without their Petra!!!
0 x
8) 8) 8) 8)

"In the middle of the night, the idiot himself awaits"
"I have been young, now I am old-ish"

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Petranite, this thread is silly. Either you live with those covers they put on horses eyes so they don't see anything around them, or you are just a nay sayer just for the sake of failure. Please open your eyes and give it a break! If you do not like Classic Petra, then keep it to yourself and let everybody else enjoy this blessing.
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:10 pm

fcollazo
You are way out of line man. I have stated on MANY occassions that I will be at the Classic Petra shows. You need to calm your butt down because I ask a question on here about routing schedules and the like people get bent out of shape. I didn't know this was FCOLLAZO.NET. I rarely get pissed off but you did it with your dumb assumption that is ignoarant and uninformed and yes I know I used three words to describe the same thing but i'm hoping you understand one of them. I will not apologize for asking questions on this board and if that gets me banned then so be it.
0 x

executioner
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by executioner » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Lockdown; everyone back to their respective corners.
0 x

Epyon5757
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: No Doubt
Pethead since: 1990

Post by Epyon5757 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:08 pm

fcollazo and petranite,

As one who is a moderator/admin on a couple of other message boards,

The point of a message board/forum of any kind is to have conversation about whatever topics the admins of said forum decide to promote. In the case of this board, it's Petra or one of it's many iterations (solo careers, II guys, Classic Petra).

The ability of any forum to function properly depends on the various participants treating each other with common courtesy and respect. It's OK to disagree with each other, but fcollazo, it's not your place to tell someone they can't voice an opinion just because you don't like that opinion...and petranite, it's also bad form to call someone's post "ignorant and uninformed."

Yes, there will be disagreements, debates, clashes. These things happen whenever two or more people with differing opinions on the same topic decide to discuss said topic. That doesn't mean you two can't respect one another.

I agree with bakersfield. Chill out.
0 x
Hey, did you ever think twice? If you don't bother, gonna pay the price...

petranite
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petranite » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:48 pm

I am personally done with this post. I hadn't even posted on it for over a week now. Somebody decided to call me out publicly telling me to shut my mouth and I fired back at them publicly. If they did it in private thats one thing but they did not. I handled it direct. I will not continue to comment on this incident further. Those of you who have read my posts in the past know I will not continue to post after I say I'm done with a subject. So here goes ONE LAST TIME COLLAZO PLEASE READ.

1. I OWN AND LEGALLY BOUGHT EVERY PETRA ALBUM FROM 1970's TO CLASSIC PETRA
2. I OWN EVERY PETRA COMPILATION & LEGALLY BOUGHT THEM INCLUDING THE STARSONG RAPE THE FANS WALLETS CD's
3. I OWN EVERY GREG X VOLZ, JOHN SCHLITT, JOHN LAWRY, PETE ORTA, ROB FRAZIER, ETC. SOLO ALBUM (Ya even the John LAWRY calling card album and VOLZ QUARTET SOUNDING BRANSON CD, & FRAZIER BLUEGRASS)
4. I HAVE BEEN AND PAID TO GO TO EVERY PETRA TOUR SINCE 88/89
5. I OWN SHIRTS, STICKERS, BUTTONS, LP's, Cassettes, VIDEOS, DVD's, PHOTOS, PRESS KITS, MAGAZINES, BOOTLEGS, of everyone associated with PETRA both with the band and solo.
6. I HAVE GIVEN AWAY NUMEROUS PETRA CD'S TO FRIENDS
7. I HAVE PURCHASED MULTIPLE COPIES OF CLASSIC PETRA BTTR FOR FRIENDS.
8. I PERSONALLY HAVE PAID FOR OVER 100 PEOPLE TO ATTEND PETRA SHOWS & VOLZ SOLO SHOWS
9. I HAVE PROMOTED EVERY CONCEIVABLE VERSION OF PETRA POSSIBLE TP PEOPLE.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.........10. I was a person who prayed the prayer of salvation at the end of Captured in Time and Space to rededicate my life to Christ while listening to the CD which was recorded by CLASSIC PETRA and it remains the single BIGGEST influence a CD or ALBUM has EVER had in my life PERIOD!

I do not hate CLASSIC PETRA I asked a question and I do not apologize for that. I praise God for Classic Petra and PETRA but as John sings they are "ONLY MEN" but I do support them and will continue to do so.

PETRANITE
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by fcollazo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:54 pm

Petranite, no need to get mad as a hornet! :twisted:

Just try to explain what makes a complete successful tour for you? Will ya?
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:26 am

Nobody here can define Classic Petra's idea of success. We can assume.

Now, people might get mad that they cannot have a show. If there is not a show near you, it means there are not enough people like you, or there is a complete lack marketing to your area. The people booking have access to the same data base that everyone else has. The people booking are well connected. Management is well connected. Now, if they cannot make something happen, it means there is a lack of demand, financial viability or logistics.

The USA is over saturated with churches, TV shows, internet, music, books, etc, If this IS all about ministry, and there are no bookings here, it is safe to assume that their ministry is not needed here. They are being booked where they were needed. Paul and others were told not to go to places they desired to go, but the people weren't going to be into it and God knew it, so they didn't go,
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:13 am

Matthew RJ wrote:
brent wrote:The USA is over saturated with churches, TV shows, internet, music, books, etc, If this IS all about ministry, and there are no bookings here, it is safe to assume that their ministry is not needed here.
Far from being "safe to assume" (and you know what they say about people who assume).... while the US may be over saturated with churches, in how many of these "churches" is the Gospel preached?
True, but God is easily accessible here. There is no excuse for not finding God in this country. God is not prohibited yet. There are bibles in nearly every library. We have the internet with on-line bibles. We have more churches teaching the basic doctrine of Christ than not (going off of denominational stats alone). We have TV programs that teach the Gospel. We have crusades. We have creation as evidence of God, the built in desire to find God, the Holy Spirit to draw, God's giving us the gift of faith to accept and believe, all people here have generally heard the name of God, Jesus Christ, and use it in one form or another....There is no excuse for the USA. God is mentioned in our documents, on our buildings, etc. We are saturated.

Been studying Romans, where God gives over (hands over for sacrifice, turns loose) people to their desires, allowing them to declare their independence by their actions, and reap it. It is where this country is now for the most part. It is easy to see God in and out of the life patterns of people. Romans gets to the heat of the matter, and details where the people in our country are headed and what their actions will be when the Truth is suppressed. I think God is going to move on to better soil at some point.
0 x