THEY OWNED THE STAGE!!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Re: THEY OWNED THE STAGE!!

Post by brent » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:10 pm

I would love to hear Steve Perry and John Schlitt sing a duet.
0 x

rexreed
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by rexreed » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:44 pm

brent wrote:I would love to hear Steve Perry and John Schlitt sing a duet.
Some real talent in your imagination. Two great vocalists!
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:56 pm

If Paul and Christian are so good they can get work playing with new band or something else because at the moment they are only adding to the demise of a legend, and they are going to have to do something else someday anyway they are are in their early 40's right?
Do something else some day? SERIOUSLY? Do you think they only thing they do is wait around to play a few dates with Petra? Oh wow... you have no idea what you are saying.
0 x

fiendik
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beat The System
Pethead since: 2010

Post by fiendik » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 pm

executioner wrote:
I think you have it right in some ways and I like your idea about including most or all members in something. I will say I really don't care if their current or not and just want to hear Petra play what is in their heart not what someone would say "hey this could go well on radio" A band with this type of age needs to forget radio or being "current" and just do and play what they want; they have all the tools to make this happen in house. We also need to realize the God factor in all of this, if God doesn't want it then I think Petra won't do it.
Yeah, nothing is gonna happen unless God gives His permission... and Petra gives theirs... There's nothing I can do about it :cry:

My opinion on the "current" lineup is that Cristian & Greg are good enough studio musicians, or otherwise backup for a solo project, but not really band material. Furthermore, The Dream Team know their old ways, so if they are going to be anything like they were, the new guys just won't fit.
0 x
"Fiends are a gift from above, fiends are devoted and true..."

p-freak
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Unseen Power
Pethead since: 1992

Post by p-freak » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:02 am

Dan wrote:Yes just my opinion Peter, it's harsh I'll admit that... I have had enough of Farewell... same songs over and over and over again slowly getting worse each time. Every time I see Bob and John with those guys I just feel so let down by how boring it is.
I can see you point (except about the getting worse bit), but I don't see why this would reflect only on Greg and Cristian and not on Bob and John.
Dan wrote:Does this make me a bad person?
No, of course not. :roll:
0 x

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:30 am

If Paul and Christian are so good they can get work playing with new band or something else because at the moment they are only adding to the demise of a legend, and they are going to have to do something else someday anyway they are are in their early 40's right?
Do something else some day? SERIOUSLY? Do you think they only thing they do is wait around to play a few dates with Petra? Oh wow... you have no idea what you are saying.[/quote]

LOL love the capital letters. I never said that they sit around all day Sue they are your words. I'm just saying they must have better things on the horizon than filling the worn out farewell set twice a year. Farewell Petra doesn't get any dates so they are not committed to anything right? so Petra is open to a more viable lineup :)
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:11 am

Greg works for a church and Christian gigs for a living. He is young and living the dream. I told him not to get married, live it while he can. ;)
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:39 am

While it was great to see the Dream Team back together, if they can't do shows in the future, I would still take John, Bob, Greg, and Cristian, all day. every day. Because every time I have seen them live, they've been FREAKING AWESOME. :)
Honestly, it doesn't much matter to me who's on bass and drums, as long as you have Bob on guitar. It's John L on keys, or no keys. They started going south after John L left, and it really wasn't Petra, imo, when Bob left the road.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Used to be Grand Rapids, MI after leaving the beautiful beaches of NJ. Now it's PA.

Post by gman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:42 am

And, no version of Petra is going to be playing anywhere if you don't have someone actively working to get them gigs. If the Dream Team announces that they are back together, gigs are not going to magically fly out of Bob's behind.
0 x

2godbglory
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: On Fire
Pethead since: 1985

Post by 2godbglory » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:41 am

I loved watching the dream team again. And like the rest of you can't help but wonder what this could lead to. I have a twitter account, "@wildman1996" I tweeted out the following...

"How about a full BEYOND BELIEF reunion concert? Streamed? RETWEET if you would watch! @OfficialPetra @ronnycates @johnwschlitt #CCMUnited"

If you are on twitter and would like to see this, retweet, let's see how many retweets we can get John and the guys can see...
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:58 am

I don't want to see anything out of bobs behind.
0 x

sue d.
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Pethead since: 1993

Post by sue d. » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Then you're not a REAL fan!!
0 x

rlester
Pethead
Pethead

Post by rlester » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:08 am

I'm worried about something from Bobs behind hitting the fan. :lol:
0 x

brent
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic

Post by brent » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:30 am

sue d. wrote:Then you're not a REAL fan!!
This is what worries me. There are people that would like to see such a thing, and believe it doesn't stink.
0 x

gman
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by gman » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:49 am

There's a joke in there somewhere about a guitarist and a G string, but I'm not that clever.
0 x