The Collection "wrong song" thing and other things

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
PetraFounder
Pethead
Pethead

The Collection "wrong song" thing and other things

Post by PetraFounder » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:18 pm

Hi all, it's me, Bob. I wanted you to know, as some of you have pointed out in posts, that there is now a replacement CD available for the Collection CD that contains the song "I Love You Lord" instead of the correct song, "I Love The Lord". You need to email Steve Blair at EMI, [email protected] with your name and address and he will send you a replacement or give you instructions. I tried very hard to stop this mistake from being made in the first place but it happened in spite of all my efforts. BTW, I did personally pick the songs. There were several ways I could have gone with this. I could have picked my favorites, which would have been a different list. But I chose to pick songs I felt were important in Petra's history. I tell why in the liner notes. I knew there was no way to pick everyone's favorite so I settled on aiming the choice of songs in favor of someone not so familiar with Petra as all of you, because I knew you had all these songs anyway!

So...you might be wondering what I am up to these days. In between making guitars and finishing up some Petra business, I am working on some music. Maybe you will hear about that at a later date.

So thank you all for your support and thanks for making the Farewell Tour the best tour of my life!

Bless You,
Bob
0 x

Susannah
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Susannah » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:39 pm

So thank you all for your support and thanks for making the Farewell Tour the best tour of my life!
I think I speak for all of us, when I say that it was our pleasure!

Thank you, Bob, for an amazing ride! I know that my life hasn't been the same since I first heard Petra 15 years ago. God bless you in all you do! :D
0 x
It's His delight to give you your desire; it's His desire to set your life on fire!

Preacherman777
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by Preacherman777 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:39 pm

I am working on some music. Maybe you will hear about that at a later date.
Now this is the news I've been waiting to hear. I mean, I'm really interested in seeing what John's gonna do next, but I'm probably even more interested in what Bob's gonna do next.
0 x
If you like Petra you might like my music. You can download it free.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Musi ... &name=Mike and Martha Tifft

SkyCaptain
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1991

Post by SkyCaptain » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:00 am

God bless you, Bob, in all of your new ventures! The Farewell Tour was a real joy! Thanks again.

Mark
0 x

jimmye4563
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jimmye4563 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:25 am

Thank you, Bob-For everything! May God bless you and your family.

Jim
0 x
"You say you've walked ten thousand steps away, but don't you know that it's only one step back?"

celinhamatos
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by celinhamatos » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:13 am

Hey Bob, thanks for everything and also for making a Farewell in Brazil, dont forget us because we'll never forget you, we love you! God bless you and your family and I'm glad to hear from you here. :D :D
0 x

As for me and my house We will only serve the Lord

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:38 pm

I'd love to know what your personal favorites are.. Just for curiosity's sake. Glad to see you got the error corrected. I've been down that road before where you try, and try, but it still happens anyways. :lol:

Just finished reading the petra devotional and I really enjoyed it. Alot more than I originally thought I would. Especially liked some of the comments towards the end. Alot of people don't put a whole lot of thought into some of the discussed issue.

Anyways despite all the whining you might see here, we all still love you guys and ultimately know that everything that happened was according God's will. Whether we like it, or understand it.

Thanks for dropping by. I know your a busy guy and probably wont be able to frequent here much. Oh, while your at it, why don't you vote on the "favorite petra song polls"... :lol:
0 x

lucydog
Pethead
Pethead

Post by lucydog » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:43 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the update, and thanks for providing us with support and guidance through your music for over 30 years. Having been a big fan since 1984, I'm a bit sad that it's coming to an end, but in the same way you get sad when a close friend moves away for new opportunities. You're sad for you, but happy for them. Good luck in your future plans.

By the way, out of curiosity... if you had to pick a list of YOUR favorite petra songs to put on an album, what would they be?
0 x

petrarocksA2
Pethead
Pethead

Post by petrarocksA2 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:11 am

Thank You again Bob and all the members that were in Petra for the greatest music for the past 33 years. God Bless and may God continue to direct your paths. :D
0 x

believerindeed
Pethead
Pethead

Hey Bob

Post by believerindeed » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:08 pm

Hey Bob,
Thank you so much for being such a blessing in my life for over twenty years.....it was a real pleasure to finally meet you on the Farewell tour in Dawsonville, GA. I brought my six year old son and he loved it!!! I wish you and all the guys only the best and will be following whatever music you guys produce in the future. You are by far the best guitar player and songwriter there has ever been in my book....hope you will continue to post here again in the future.

Blessings,
JB
0 x

fcollazo
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Bob

Post by fcollazo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:25 am

Bob, thanks for checking by. I Love The Lord is my favotite Petra Song!!!! It needs to be everywhere. I want to ask if it would be possible for you and John to release a Petra Anthologu CD/DVD collection like The Beatles did, since you have so many years of great material, specially all the unreleased sound board concerts through the years. Please say yes!!!!

God Bless, Felipe
0 x
God's love hit's me where i live, in my perfect world, because i love the Lord.

blod6ett
Pethead
Pethead

Post by blod6ett » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:30 am

Thanks Bob, for the atention to the Petheads!
Bendiciones Bob! Saludos Bob! Gracias por todos esos momentos espiritualmente maravillosos que sucedieron en el tour Farewelll y en todos estos a�os de ministerio. Momentos anonimos, pero tan importantes en nuestras vidas.
0 x
My wife and I, AND MY NEW BORN BABY have a really love: the lord Jesus!

Dan
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: This Means War!
Pethead since: 1987

Post by Dan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:38 pm

Thanks Bob!.
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:18 am

33 years... Kinda hard to believe that is longer than some here have been alive... Add a few year and you start reaching my age.. :lol:
0 x

jeffreykbaker
Pethead
Pethead

Post by jeffreykbaker » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:32 am

Bob,

I can't wait to hear what you've been working on. Your music has always been a blessing to me since a friend introduced me to Never Say Die. I am so grateful to have seen you guys one last time in Dawsonville. I was with my wife and my 20 month old son. (he was the little guy dancing in front of you). BTW he loves watching Petra videos. He hooked on Petra music which means the ministry lives on! Thank you so much for 33 years of unforgettable ministry and music.
0 x
jeffrey k baker sr