my take of the Petra concert!

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
johnathan
Pethead
Pethead
Pethead since: 1972

my take of the Petra concert!

Post by johnathan » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:19 pm

Ok sorry it has taken me so long to put my input about the concert,many of you know that I had to be at work at 6:45 am,after the concert. so I really got no sleep.

Ok, Darron,Meagan,Jessica and myself went to this together,Meagan was really iffy,because of being really sick,because she is pregnant. But praise the Lord,she did fine.

We got there kinda early for our tickets and we saw people that were from the zone,although,non of us had never met in person,it was wonderful,like we were family. we got to go to the interview area. Oops! I met my Hero,Sue! Man it was so good to just give her a huge hug! We chatted while we were waiting,we saw Peter Fuller,I asked him if i could drive his car,(he said NO). we got to stand in at the stage during the whole concert(taping) I noticed some guy and I told Sue that it was Jim Cooper. UMMM,lets see,oh yes i asked Paul to do a solo and he eventually did! He told me that if it got onto the dvd he had me to thank! oh his drum stick flew to me,during the solo, I was nice and handed it back to Jim,I actually got one after the concert. Ok lets see,oh I went to John Lawry and kinda jokingly ask if i could play his keyboards,he was like I would let you but they are turned off. Then he was like you can try on my walk-around,at that moment i said I am gonna be the next Petra keyboardist,anyway there was some applause,about that. He was sooo nice and we talked about adoption,and cool stuff. I talked to Bob's wife and she was a sweet heart,after the concert she was like you look tired,and then I told her about our drive home and work the next day,she said she would be praying for us. We talked to Greg and his wife,He asked were We were from and i was like ky,he was like JOhnathan? yep he knew kinda who i was, neat! ok i coud just go on and on and on. I have to say that Jim was very generous,he got me the stick (he owed me LOL) and we just chatted,you know we all make mistakes in our lives and i thought it was very nice that he had something to do with the taping. Last but not least. Sue and I had been kinda joking about getting John with a prank,and we had the chance,I hope that She puts it on his site,My wife as many of you know is preganant. Well we went up to John,and I was like,John we want to thank you for all that you have done for Petra and so on. I have something kinda strange to ask you ,we are gonna have a baby and since Petra won't be around after it is born could you please sign her belly? he was like sign her belly? yes! and then i proceeded to tell him that when we got home were gonna have it tattooed on! His face,you all had to see his expression! Priceless! any he actually signed her belly,he gets the last laugh though she can't get it off. what a nite. I have to say God bless you Petra! and God bless all you PETHEADS! I love you all! Sorry for this being so dang long,it was too much fun though!!!!!!!!![/i]
0 x

Shell
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
Extreme Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1985

Post by Shell » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:44 pm

He signed her stomach???? Hahahahaha, that is too funny. :lol:

I HOPE you got a picture of that.
0 x

calicowriter
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by calicowriter » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:17 pm

Shell: Better than a picture, Sue got it on video! :shock:

Johnathan: It was great to meet you and Meagan, and although you didn't get to drive Peter Fuller's car, at least you didn't almost hit it -- with him in it!
0 x
Bridget

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phillipians 4:8

johnathan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by johnathan » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:06 pm

Yes it was really fun meeting you Bridgett! Glad we could all be a part of this special event together,to bad Sam and Warren couldn't be there.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: Wake Up Call
Pethead since: 1998

well

Post by epdc » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:05 pm

I`ll put my 5 cents, as you guys say :)

well, since all of you already said all the important stuff about PETRA and the CONCERT, I`m gonna talk about the PETHEADS that went.

I arrived to nashville at 1:26, pethead abuelito and pethead eddie picked me up. GUYS you are soooo sweet, you were my two angels that day!!!.
it was funny because i told them I was going to wear my elohat and when i arrived eddie was right there, with his pethead t.shirt and i didn`t notice so he had to make movement with his hands so i could notice him, it was awesome to meet him, i gave him a huge hug.

we really had a blast on John`s (abuelito) car, we put on some petra music and went for look for the petheads to the hard rock cafe and we didn`t find them though i got to meet that place hehehe. well, after two long hours of being lost and singing a lo of petra songs LOLOL, we finally found the W and the first pethead I recognize was brothertom, I GOT SO EXCITED!!!!!, we also saw pethead RockOn (Terry), I WAS SO HAPPY TO MEET HIM!!! he could get his car so he didn`t have any ride problems on his way home.

The most exciting part (HAHAHAHAHA) was when John, eddie and I were walking around the W and I saw pethead johnna (Yoli Renaud) on her car!!!!!! I just ran and hug her!!!!!! and then (I mean, everything so quickly), petheads catwoman (cathy) and MJ arrived on their car, that was the first time I ever saw them!!!!!!!!!!! it was amazing to see them in REAL life ya know, I ran to hug them and THEN (hahaha) sue and bridget and enosh and john (the andband john hehe) arrived in another car so i was all excited to see so many petheads ina second HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. and after that pethead kirkman (josh) arrived, AWWWWWWWW it was sooo cool!!!

and well, we were there at 3 or 4 i donp`t remember, we were all there and then the people from inpop asked us to got in and they told us that they wanted to film each one of us saying something about Petra, we were with our mouths wide open :o the first one was enosh, i was very nervous for what I was going to say and each one passed, they asked who travel the longest and well, i said i was from mexico hahahaha.

I got to meet also pethead tturner (i think now is tom turner) and pethead crossways (Jason), it was soo cool!!!!! though they didn`t hang out with us much grrrrrrrrrrrr.

and the petheads that were there and didn`t reach out I`m gonna hit you with a wet pethead t�shirt hehehe.

OHHHHHHHH and and and (hahahahaha), I also saw pethead mexicanspud (raymond) and his wife musica, we didn`t talk much but musica does talk so she talked for me and her husband hahahahahaha.

also i saw pethead susannah and his mom d`anne garcia, soooo that was the famous d`anne :) she was way different of what I expected and susannah, YOU DID LOST WEIGHT.

something that really made me laugh was that pethead eddie said that my accent was sexy HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i never thought that hahahah was cool.

ohhhhhhh and and and (hahahaha) enosh gave me a demo of his new band (some strange way) that by the way I LOVE ENOSH!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!! right now my favorite is the second ;)

cathy does talk a lot, is funny to see her blablablabla and MJ being a good listener hehehehe. i laughed a lot when in the concert sue, cathy and i were doing an step like moving from left to right and MJ instead of moving he was behind us moving his fingers from left to right HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

ok, an small parenthesis to talk about the concert LOLOL: john was sweating a lot and took a petra tshirt and cleaned all his face with it and throw it to the audience!!!!!!!! that was soooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pethead abuelito catched it and said he was never going to wash it hahahahahahaha though later he gave it to another fan from puerto rico.

i was enfront of da stage screaming and jumping all the time, i end up dead ya know, tired. it was soo cool where there was a moment when john saw me while he was singing and made a huge gigantic smile!!!!! he recognized me!!!!!!!!. after the concert i reached out to john and he recognized me and all and hug me and told me "when was the last time we saw? two years ago?" HE REMEMBERED!!!!!!!! and i said "well, i made it for a thrid time" and sue explained to him how i took a 6 hour bus, i slept on an airport and took two planes and he told me i was nuts and i said "well, a pethead has to do what a pethead has to do" hahahaha.

ohhhhhh and also, before the show, some sound people put some sheets of paper enfront of each petra member`s instruments, the songlist ya know. guess what eddie did???? he took the list and took pics of it!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha and pass it to the crowd so everyone could take pics hahahahahahahaha, i was like "put that on it`s place!!!" , and later, of course the setlist they had way more songs so it was funny to watch eddie writing down each song hehehe he had a mess, well an organized mess hehehehe.

well, i`m hungry and tired so i`ll leave this for the moment, and i`ll write more later.

sue and i had a huge drama before we separated!!!!! I DIDN`T WANNA LEAVE!!!!!!!!! I definitely gotta visit the USA again :)

Bridget was an angel, she gave me a ride to the airport, she showed me pics of her cats and i really loved her laugh :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...
Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse!!!!!!

Facebook account: Elo palacios

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

OOPS

Post by epdc » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:11 am

I forgot to mention johnthan and meagan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guys it was great finally meeting you :), you guys are so sweet with each other, i was watching you and i loved the relationship you have :)
0 x
...He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing...

I love this verse!!!!!!

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:29 pm

Elo,

I am so glad you like the CD! We are working on the full length one right now.

I thought it was funny when I said you were looking good. Did you think I was flirting with you? You looked at me funny, and asked what I meant by that. It's just an expression, like it seems you're doing well. I am happily married you know. haha!

Yes the whole thing was an awesome event! And Johnathan, keep asking to drive the car, I saw you with the keyboard and you never get anything if you don't ask. Are you playing guitar in church yet?
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

johnathan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by johnathan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:34 am

Elo! Yes it was sooo wonderful meeting you!Thank you for the comment about Meagan and I. Yes I am deeply in love with her,and the same with her. We still are on a life long date. And we just enjoy each others company,We (COMPLETE EACH OTHER) and Enosh,Umm you weren't listening too well young man! I play keyboards! LOL! Oh by the way if anyone would like to see John signing Meagan's belly or would like to see any other pics shoot me an e-mail. Oh and Enosh i need your addy so i can get that Whiteheart video,maybe i will get you the money within the next 10 years or so LOL! Man all you guys rock! but what can I say we are Petheads.
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

HEY!!!!!!!!!

Post by epdc » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:04 pm

ENOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

are you crazy??????????? OF COURSE I KNEW YOU WEREN`T FLIRTING WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :lol: i looked surprised because of all things I was expecting you to say that was the less expected and besides `cause I was feeling like schlitt in that day (hahahahaha I mean I didn`t dress up or put make up on or anything for the concert ya know) and all of sudden you say I look good, it was surprising LOL. I NEVER EVER THOUGHT YOU WERE FLIRTING WITH ME :)
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

johnathan

Post by epdc » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:10 pm

johnathan, I WANNA SEE IT!!!!!!!! :)
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

Enosh
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
Location: Who Are these new guys? AndBand! The Original! Ask for it by name.

Post by Enosh » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:33 pm

Oh good. I was a little concerned that you may have taken it the wrong way at first by your reaction. I didn't want you to think that. Sometimes things get lost in translation. Girls put more into having to wear makeup and such than guys do sometimes.

Remember the couple times I looked over at you during the concert and both started headbanging? That was cool!
0 x
Facebook.com/enoshfee
redcapeproductions.com
www.wakingvegas.com
Facebook.com/wakingvegas

AndBand! The Original!
Ask for it by name.
http://picasaweb.google.com/johnwschlitt/July42003PekinILJohnSoloAndAndband#5081842292151695650

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

lol

Post by epdc » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:44 pm

is ok enosh :), trust me, I never thought anything wrong :) and yeah, lol, in this case, literally speaking, things got lost in translation hahahahaha, my only thought was: guess i also look ok natural hahahaha.

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was soo cool!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) what it freaked me out about the whole audience is that not everyone jumped at the same time, just a few times, those were my favorite moments. it would have been awesome if we all would have had our heads banging :)
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!

ctwomn
Pethead
Pethead

:)

Post by ctwomn » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:00 pm

I talk alot!....NAH!

Hehe...I had so much meeting everyone! I am glad I got to finally see you ELO!

We had such a nice time talking to the John, Bob Greg and Paul! I feel like we really ministered to them that night...which is kinda weird! But it was cool! Talking w/ Paul was neat he shared alot about his dreams for the future..I pray that they come true for him! I told John how much we loved and appreciated them! He gave Mj and I big hugs! He told mj how much appreciated all he had done for them...(tearing up)snif snif! I tell you what really was awesome for me was talking to Bob for the first time! We got to share some stories w/ him. I talk more about it all in my review of the evening which will be on guidetopetra.com...pretty awesome!

It was definately a time none of us will ever forget...maybe in 40 years...we will still be talking about all the memories we have shared!
0 x
http://www.guidetopetra.com
http://www.johnschlitt.net
http://www.petratulsa.org

johnathan
Pethead
Pethead

Post by johnathan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:06 pm

Darron, I am surprised that you didn't have anything to say about this! Come on man!
0 x

epdc
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

ok johnathan

Post by epdc » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:17 pm

is darron the guy you introduce me over there?

if that is HI DARRON!!!!!!!!! :) :)

sorry, I met a lot of people, I hadn`t eat (lolol) and i was very excited.
0 x

I love this verse!!!!!!