Download Farewell-tour DVD

Talk about Petra albums, songs, and concerts.
trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: J&H
Pethead since: 1982

Download Farewell-tour DVD

Post by trodLAN » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:51 am

I have now shared the Farewell DVD from Norway.
It's actually better than the Official DVD, and you get Judas kiss, the best ever drumsolo and Bobs awesome guitarwork on this one ! Enjoy!

The sound is awesome!
0 x
https://www.youtube.com/@trodland

chufis2
Pethead
Pethead

Post by chufis2 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:32 pm

hi thanks mr trodlan god bless you im from mexico thanks
0 x

krazykanuk
Pethead
Pethead

Post by krazykanuk » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:27 pm

I downloaded the Judas Kiss video last night. Very awesome indeed. You are right. It is better than the official dvd. I loved the shot of the front row during the song. Felt like I was right in the pit.
I have encountered a problem in downloading your great videos. My computer is old, therefore not compatable with DivX format. I can download the Mpeg files fine though. Do I need a specific reader for the Divx files? Or could you, Mr. trodlin, post your dvds on both formats, or does that take up too much memory space?
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for all of us. I only wish I had some footage of my own to give back but I have none. Thanks again.
0 x

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

try this...

Post by trodLAN » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:24 pm

You should try out VLC-player for Windows
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
I think it will work on old computers...

If you need the divx codec, you'll find a link on my videosite. It includes a divx player. If you have an older PC than P3 450mhz, you should consider buying a new one ;-)
0 x

pmal
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic
#1 Album: All of Them
Pethead since: 1985

re: trodlan

Post by pmal » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:59 am

This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!
0 x
May the downforce be with you!

bjskid
Pethead
Pethead

Post by bjskid » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:47 am

Very nice videos!

Thanks for share this!
0 x
[center][img]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9628/cdava6xv.jpg[/img][/center]

crjensen
Pethead
Pethead
#1 Album: Beyond Belief
Pethead since: 1989

Re: Download Farewell-tour DVD

Post by crjensen » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi Terje,
Hilsen fra Danmark!

Thank you for uploading that concert! Love it!
I've put it on a DVD and even ripped the audio to make my own, alternative Farewell CD.
The sound is, as you say, awesome!

Tusind tak!

Carsten.
trodLAN wrote:I have now shared the Farewell DVD from Norway.
It's actually better than the Official DVD, and you get Judas kiss, the best ever drumsolo and Bobs awesome guitarwork on this one ! Enjoy!

The sound is awesome!
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:34 pm

Well I had to crank up my audio a bit on this one. At least up till midway thru Amazing Grace. I'll still take the official Farewell Acoustic set over this one, with Greg on vocals and Greg on cello. Plus alot of the old Petra medleys seem to be a bit low for John's range. I hope they pick other stuff for any acoustic tours they do.

Pluses... John doing Judas Kiss is priceless... I wanna rip the audio for this.

Lord I Lift Your Name On High, Show Your Power, and We Need Jesus.

Complete guitar solo. Complete drum solo.

The band definetely had more energy at this concert compared to the official release.

Anyways... gotta run...
Last edited by greenchili on Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
The choice is life. Or the lie that comes from hell..

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

low?

Post by trodLAN » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:47 am

You're right about the audio. Even though the audio is very good, it is a bit low, and you have to turn up the volume quite a lot. (It's better on the DVD I have.)
I don't agree that the acoustic medley is better on the official DVD.
I think the medley is better on this DVD (from Norway) because I like Johns voice better!!! And even in those lower parts he performs brilliant!

This medley that John performs is no studioproduction, it's a pure live perormance. No audiofixing in the studio. This is the Farewell-tour we all will remember. (Greg X. Volz?) I didn't saw him around in Norway...

Petra rocks on this one, and shows a lot more energy and power!
I am really looking forward to hear Bob and John performing all this acoustic material, and even more!
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:45 pm

Well I still say that most of those songs were better suited for Greg's voice. It was obvious to me that John was bottoming out. I know, cause that's what I do when singing stuff out of my range.

Plus, and I didn't want to mention this...

Bob made numerous errors on his guitar playing on this one.

Then there is the missing Cello which I think really added alot to it.
0 x

drcoolguy
Pethead
Pethead

Re: low?

Post by drcoolguy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:45 am

trodLAN wrote:This is the Farewell-tour we all will remember. (Greg X. Volz?) I didn't saw him around in Norway...
We're going to have to "agree to disagree" on this one. Maybe you're just a newer Petra fan, but having Greg and John on the stage together doing the acoustic set will forever be one of my personal top 2 or 3 Petra memories.

Thanks for the downloads!
0 x
[img]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2153/petrasig0gb.jpg[/img]

trodLAN
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

I do (dis) agree... ;-)

Post by trodLAN » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:57 am

I love the voice of Mr. Volz, and I am planning to post some rare videoclips and self-taken photos on my website soon. And some of the old material is "better" with Volz' voice!
But John Schlitt is a real rocker, and have a lot more power in his voice, and brought Petra a giant leap forward in 1986. Even though I have been to quite a lot of Greg Volz concert in the past, I still prefer the harder kicking sound of Petra with Johns voice.

When it comes to live recordings, I have always loved the "real-thing", and not those fixed-studio-live-recordings. I am quite impressed of the quality of all the musicians in this live concert at Flekkeroy, Norway.
Specially John Schlitts awesome voice. And what Bob did on the guitar during the show is quite impressive, and I have been to quite a lot of rock-concerts! He sure has his own sound and know how to rock!

When it comes to Greg Volz, - he truly is an amazing vocalist!
I have all his records and play them almost daily! But I can't imagine him singing Jekyl and Hyde ! ;-)
0 x

greenchili
Pethead Fanatic
Pethead Fanatic

Post by greenchili » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:06 pm

:lol: I can't picture Greg doing J&H either, and it is really interesting to compare John's Judas Kiss to Greg's (on CITAS). :D

Judas Kiss is an example of an older song that is perfect for John.

Anyways it's just me. I winced everytime he hit a bad note. I don't mind a few here in there (which did happen by the way), but on the acoustic medley he hit several. He is obviously more comfortable with a pick and electric guitar.

From what I understand on the official release it was the acoustic medley that they had to redo. So at least he is consistent. :lol:

Just goes to show that playing acoustic is different than electric. I'm sure Bob will have all those issues straightened out when they do any acoustic tours.

I updated my highlights I listed above. It's really great to see these concerts though. The last Petra concert I went to I ended up with a headache so I didn't get to enjoy it as much.
0 x

Timbo
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Timbo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:32 pm

Awesome videos. Outstanding audio. As far as the low volume, I ripped the audio from Judas' Kiss, brought it in to Audacity and amplified the song a bit. It worked pretty good. Thanks again for the HQ. Keep em com'in.
0 x

Mari
Pethead
Pethead

Post by Mari » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:01 pm

Do you know if there's any free audio ripper for download? I wnto to rip the audio too! Thank's
0 x
And after all is done we find out all we really need to have is no doubt